Science Forums

Electrons, particles, waves...

cnfsdnlostinside

hola, este esta la primera vez que he escrito en espanol en un foro. Tambien, estaba unos meses hasta el ultimo curso de espanol;

¡nesecito practicar mucho!

(¿Cuando puede usar <entonces>?)

(¿En donde puedo encontrar un bueno <web site> para traducir ingles a espanol?)

. . . that's about as much proper spanish as i can remember without hurting my brain right now....

i had read once that scientists had somehow observed ONE electron in TWO places at the SAME time. Can anyone tell me how this is possible, why it is possible, and how (what machinery, etc) was used to view it?

i had read once that scientists had somehow observed ONE electron in TWO places at the SAME time. Can anyone tell me how this is possible, why it is possible, and how (what machinery, etc) was used to view it?

I cannot tell you how nor why, but it's wacky indeed... a sticky wicket as it were. I'd suggest the following threads on a similar issue. It hasn't answered the question for me, but leads me to better understanding of it.

http://hypography.com/forums/physics-mathematics/5327-double-slit-experiment.html

http://hypography.com/forums/philosophy-science/2419-schroedingers-cat.html

• 1 year later...
they say an elektron travels fasther than the speed of light!

Who are "they"? An electron has mass, so it cannot travel at the speed of light, much less faster.

like einstein said ,if you could go at the same speed of light an travel to the moon and back again, you could see yourself stand on the moon. Maybe thats why you can see the electron at two places.

Do you have a quote where Einstein says this?

I would not trust any of those answers to your question there. They obviously don't know what they are talking about. Have a look here for a good answer to your question over there:

Distance between electron and nucleus

And remember always that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light in a vacuum. :)

oh...:) whel,

thanks a lot!

the quote of einstein is really in one of my books, it seems logical?

No, it does not sound logical at all, but most things with relativity are strange and counter-intuitive. What book did you get this from and can you give the exact quote?

• 3 weeks later...