Science Forums

The 2012 Prophecies

What will happen in 2012?

People will buy new calendars and day planners.

They will mysteriously receive large envelopes from a government agency called the IRS.

They will discover that they spent three times their Christmas budget in 2011.

The phrase twenty-twelve will win out over two-thousand-and-twelve.

News agencies will finally report there never was a Mayan prophecy for 2012.

Undeniable proof of the Apollo moon landings will be revealed.

We will officially declare 2009 as the end of the "Twentieth Century".

North Korean scientists will invent the incandescent light bulb.

Books will be published warning us of the great apocalypse of 2021, prophecied by the Aztecs.

What will happen in 2012?

The phrase twenty-twelve will win out over two-thousand-and-twelve.

News agencies will finally report there never was a Mayan prophecy for 2012.

Undeniable proof of the Apollo moon landings will be revealed.

Books will be published warning us of the great apocalypse of 2021, prophecied by the Aztecs.

First point - Of course, it's newsworthy.

Second point - Hold your horses, you don't know that 'yet' (After the 21st of December, the party will be over and then comes the New Years celebration).

Third point - What you mean is finally someone will have the guts to admit studio publicity shots were taken after the moon landings because all the images were fogged or useless and would have looked rubbish on the cover of time, if printed back then ('So they've got smog on the moon too?).

Point four - So you've read the follow up to the Da Vinci Code too?:agree:

To me time is a string, where you never reach the future and cannot because by definition it is always ahead of you as the past is always behind you and the present is always here. Objectively, events are like beads on this string, punctuating the continuity of time, as history (What we transmit vertically into the future and across the face of the planet, horizontally or receive as a past, passed onto us, like hand-me-down clothes or if you like, we eat and we procreate, to create a balance of existence i.e. our own and others).:naughty:

... on 2012-12-21 the solar system will look like the attached thumbnail. To my eye, it doesn’t look at all aligned.

No, it is not "aligned" [common definition], but it is "aligned" [18th Century astronomy definition] -- an "alignment" is where all (or all but one) of the planets can be seen in one half of the total sky. With the exception of Saturn, the thumbnail you provided does show an "alignment" in the second sense.

• 4 weeks later...
He (Quetzalcoatl) said, "The Tree of Life shall blossom with a fruit never known before."

This was a direct translation by Tony Shearer of one of the ancient Mayan Codexes. I spent many hours in a library (before computers in my life) studying Mayan codexes but don't remember which one contains the quote.*

im not sure who said that... but.. Its ridiculous, Quetzalcoatl its a nahuatl "deity" not a maya. the equivalent or more similar would be Kukulkan (I think they called him huracan in other maya mythology).