Science Forums

The 2012 Prophecies

What's really weird for me is the notion that God is sitting there watching a clock getting ready to hit the reset button at precisely 11:59:59 PM 12/31/2012.

I guess it would be great proof of Intelligent Design though, eh? :graduate:

There's a bathroom on the right, :naughty:

Buffy

The shift isn't going to happen overnight like a lot of people think.

It's already happening.

The shift isn't going to happen overnight like a lot of people think.

It's already happening.

Okay, so she already pushed the button and is waiting for it to count down to zero when its all going to go "poof"... Is that really different?

Why would she do that? Why is it tied to a date? I mean even the Great Flood was an arbitrary date because God waited until she was fed up with how bad people got!

Or is it just that's the planned construction date for the Interspace Bypass?

YouTube - Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy - Opening http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0iYgedpUmQ

Just trying to figure out why any of this makes sense...or quite frankly, why it doesn't make sense....and if it doesn't where the method is in the madness...

As Pooh likes to say, "Oh, bother!"

Mostly Harmless, :graduate:

Buffy

To be frank, it seems so silly and misguided to claim you know with any degree of certainty what will happen in the future, and at such a specific date. We don't even know with certainty what's happening right now. We literally cannot put an absolute set of parameters on the present, and trying to do so far into the future only introduces further error.

People said the same and similar things with Y2K. I have video taped recordings of the sillyness, and this sounds just like it.

Please meet my friend Werner. He's a principled fellow, but a bit uncertain. :shrug:

Have you seen the timewave zero graphs?

Or seen the way evolution of technology creates a crescendo that spirals into a point?

This is a fact, whether you can see/feel it or not.

Where this point lies I am not sure. 2012 is perfect but I don't think anyone really knows. All I know is time is going to have an orgasm soon. If you can't fathom this concept than I don't want to argue it with you.

I see why you're so skeptical, but look around....

this is the craziest ****ing period of existence this world has ever known. :shrug:

It's right now. It's always been right now. It always will be right now. Period.

Indeed! :phones:

The thing about now is that it traces through different spaces.

In this space we occupy our evolution has created patterns for us to see if we look into the past.

I see a crescendo.

I also see fractals and people dancing, a water bottle, and green clouds.

Nothing is certain out here in the desert . . :shrug:

that's funnny. makes perfect sense to me.

I know. That worries me some, since you're such a bright fellow. It means there are more like you on this planet that buy into other people's nonsense instead of seeking their own truths and finding solutions.

That video was the equivalent of a care bears movie. It was fantasy, and used meaningful terms and numbers out of context.

The whole "spinning tighter" and epochs stuff is so arbitrary. Don't you see? I mentioned the turn to the year 2000 (Y2K) for a reason...

Don't be a bug which goes toward the light. You're a human moth if you keeping letting yourself get zapped by such unsubstantiated sillyness.

i disagree. I think he had a great way of explaining the way time is shaped with dynamics.

Hi Orbsycli,

Yes, but at the end, did he really imply that people need to get bent to make new discoveries?

Isn't that how 'humanity' got to where it is now, by people tuning out as an alternative to the reality created by politicians?

Hi Orbsycli,

Yes, but at the end, did he really imply that people need to get bent to make new discoveries?

Isn't that how 'humanity' got to where it is now, by people tuning out as an alternative to the reality created by politicians?

So right, LaurieAG but missing from the equation is the fact that the defenders of the faith will fight to the death (Iraq) to maintain the status quo, and when that status quo changes to let in the new, they'll fight to the death to defend that too (True science faces its fears and learns from them about itself and the other - politics tries to wipe out what it is scared of i.e. new ideas/ different life forms (out of sight, out of mind). This is what we're fighting and always have, and always will - it never changes - there will always be Emperors New Clothes Syndrome con artists and those who ego's they pamper, plus rude little boys who impudently point out the obvious truth to those that would rather not see it as it means admitting they are wrong and need to change their views/ perceptions ('I see no ships, just hardships'). 'People do not change until the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of altering' (The I-Ching)

'A revolution is a struggle to the death between the future and the past' (Castro). 'Great men can't be ruled' (Ayn Rand). 'Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds' (Einstein). 'Those who make peaceful revolution impossible make violent revolution inevitable' (JFK). 'I love agitation and investigation, and glory in defending unpopular truth against popular error' (President Garfield). 'Before a brilliant begins something great, they must appear foolish to the crowd' (The I-Ching):)

So right, LaurieAG but missing from the equation is the fact that the defenders of the faith will fight to the death (Iraq) to maintain the status quo, and when that status quo changes to let in the new, they'll fight to the death to defend that too (True science faces its fears and learns from them about itself and the other - politics tries to wipe out what it is scared of i.e. new ideas/ different life forms (out of sight, out of mind).

Good point Paige,

All they end up doing is fighting to the death. To take the drug metaphor a bit further, you could say that terrorism is the depressing after effect of the euphoria of unregulated globalism, both go hand in hand and you cannot separate one from the other.

• 3 weeks later...

Why Oh Why O Why ???

Can anyone explain to me why people delight in the end of the world so much ??

You would would think it would be generally considered a bad thing but on message boards its like the greatest sport on earth or something ??

I dont get it..

Why Oh why O why ??

Oh and the thing about Mayans being linked to Egyptians....

Wow....

So so unlikely

Why oh why o why ??

:confused:

Maybe if I keep smacking myself in the face I will understand

but more likely will end up like this

:confused:

hi snoopy.

the only relation to maya and egyptions is the 13moon calender which is the cycle of the moon around the earth. And the fact that they were humans involved in great civilizations at the time.

If you read further you will note that this thread isn't about the end of the world.

Everyone has their own opinions.

Why Oh Why O Why ???

Can anyone explain to me why people delight in the end of the world so much ??

You would would think it would be generally considered a bad thing but on message boards its like the greatest sport on earth or something ??

I dont get it..

Why Oh why O why ??

Oh and the thing about Mayans being linked to Egyptians....

Wow....

So so unlikely

Why oh why o why ??

:doh:

Maybe if I keep smacking myself in the face I will understand

but more likely will end up like this

:phones:

Interesting point and there's several reasons for it, not all bad. It's like being in class or at work and wanting it to end so you can go home and relax. Also like Orb says or implies - it's not about the end of the old but the beginning of the new. Think about any task you have to do - facing the chaos and amount of work ahead of you is daunting but once you get stuck into it and you start getting through it, creating order, then reaching the end becomes satisfying.