Science Forums

Who is Lucifer? Who is the Devil? Who is Satan?

Garry Denke

I think 'who' should be replaced with 'what' in those questions.

Satan is man's last form of defense. The final excuse to explain the truly disturbing within ourselves that sometimes manifests into heinous actions.

Please allow me to introduce myself

I'm a man of wealth and taste

I've been around for a long, long year

Stole many a mans soul and faith

And I was round when jesus christ

Had his moment of doubt and pain

Made damn sure that pilate

Washed his hands and sealed his fate

Pleased to meet you

Hope you guess my name

But whats puzzling you

Is the nature of my game

I stuck around st. petersburg

When I saw it was a time for a change

Killed the czar and his ministers

Anastasia screamed in vain

I rode a tank

Held a generals rank

When the blitzkrieg raged

And the bodies stank

Pleased to meet you

Hope you guess my name, oh yeah

Ah, whats puzzling you

Is the nature of my game, oh yeah

I watched with glee

While your kings and queens

Fought for ten decades

For the gods they made

I shouted out,

Who killed the kennedys?

When after all

It was you and me

Let me please introduce myself

I'm a man of wealth and taste

And I laid traps for troubadours

Who get killed before they reached bombay

Pleased to meet you

Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah

But whats puzzling you

Is the nature of my game, oh yeah, get down, baby

Pleased to meet you

Hope you guessed my name, oh yeah

But whats confusing you

Is just the nature of my game

Just as every cop is a criminal

And all the sinners saints

As heads is tails

Just call me lucifer

cause I'm in need of some restraint

So if you meet me

Have some courtesy

Have some sympathy, and some taste

Use all your well-learned politesse

Or Ill lay your soul to waste, um yeah

Pleased to meet you

Hope you guessed my name, um yeah

But whats puzzling you

Is the nature of my game, um mean it, get down

Woo, who

Oh yeah, get on down

Oh yeah

Oh yeah!

Tell me baby, whats my name

Tell me honey, can ya guess my name

Tell me baby, whats my name

I tell you one time, you're to blame

• 5 weeks later...
Lucifer means "shining one". Devil means "destroyer". Satan means "resistor".

All these terms are associated with the darkside side of human nature. As Lucifer, or the morning star, this was symbolic of the ego appearing. This made humans different than animals. This was a departure from the natural order of things, but in a good and progressive way. This was the dawn of modern man, i.e, morning star.

Satan appeared starting at the garden of Eden. His tree was the tree of knowledge of good and evil. He was a snake, which is an earthy phallic symbol. Satan is connected to the dark side of human nature which is induced by law of good and evil. Once a law is created, some people will always be tempted (phallic/desire) to resist it. Those who don't resist often become hateful and coldblood (snake) toward those who resist. This is the other dark side of law or Satan.

The Devil side of human nature evolved after Christ. Early Christianity polarize human nature to good beyond what law could do, i.e., love your enemy and turn the other cheek. This orientation of love created a counterposition in the human psyche, that was the opposite. Instead of love it was hate, instead of faith it was faithless, instead of nurturing it was destroying. The Devel is sort of like Satan, but instead of violation of law, it was connected to an integrated way of life that was contrary to what was taught by Christ.

Satan and Devil is subtle. For example, there is a marijuana law. This causes some to be tempted. Where the Devil come in, is that some of the self righteous want to lawfully steal their positions, lock them up, throw away the key or execute them; just the opposite of what Christ taught.

All these terms are associated with the darkside side of human nature. As Lucifer, or the morning star, this was symbolic of the ego appearing. This made humans different than animals. This was a departure from the natural order of things, but in a good and progressive way. This was the dawn of modern man, i.e, morning star.

Satan appeared starting at the garden of Eden. His tree was the tree of knowledge of good and evil. He was a snake, which is an earthy phallic symbol. Satan is connected to the dark side of human nature which is induced by law of good and evil. Once a law is created, some people will always be tempted (phallic/desire) to resist it. Those who don't resist often become hateful and coldblood (snake) toward those who resist. This is the other dark side of law or Satan.

The Devil side of human nature evolved after Christ. Early Christianity polarize human nature to good beyond what law could do, i.e., love your enemy and turn the other cheek. This orientation of love created a counterposition in the human psyche, that was the opposite. Instead of love it was hate, instead of faith it was faithless, instead of nurturing it was destroying. The Devel is sort of like Satan, but instead of violation of law, it was connected to an integrated way of life that was contrary to what was taught by Christ.

Satan and Devil is subtle. For example, there is a marijuana law. This causes some to be tempted. Where the Devil come in, is that some of the self righteous want to lawfully steal their positions, lock them up, throw away the key or execute them; just the opposite of what Christ taught.

This has got to be the biggest load of grundy I have ever read! (The devil made me type that:evil: )

Lucifer, Satan, Devil is a progression of the same symbol. Humans have evolved over time, such that the dark side of human nature has gotten more complex, with these symbols descriptive of this progression.

The way to symbolically understand Satan is connected to law. To know law of good and evil one needs to know both sides of the law; the good and the evil. That way one can do good and know how to avoid evil. If one tries to be good, they often repress the darkside of the law. Repression does not mean these darkside memories are erased. It only means they become unconscious. What historically happens is that people who preach good often do evil in the name of good.

For example, if one decided to diet, one sort of creates a personal law that says, "not eating too much is good and eating too much is evil". After a short time, one will get the impulse to eat due to the repressed side of the law. The more one fights the hungrier they get.

This unconscious aspect of law is more than a one person thing, since laws of good and evil are cultural wide. If one has even been in a crowd that goes wild, for example at a concert, the group can become synchronize, unconsciously, to create one large collective organism. This group unconscious dynamics associated with cultural wide law is symbolic of Satan. In Nazi Germany, the whole culture went down the unconscious path of atrocities.

Symbolic Satan is like a hologram in that any punch-out from the big picture, i.e, individual, can still recreate the entire hologram. Satan is both personal and collective in nature at the same time. It is a strong source of personal and collective negative unconscious dynamics.

If we consult the Urantia Book, Satan is the Planetary Prince & Lucifer is his interplanetary boss. I don't recall if the writers use the word devil or not.:wink:

Ooopppsss!! I forgot ol' Caligastia.:cocktail: Nothing like prepaid wild speculation and fictional bamboozelement. :) Read the Urantia to see how well these principles continue to be applied in modern times.

http://www.urantiabook.org/newbook/papers/p067.htm

Agreed, even as a bible thumper. Good and evil must be defined first, then it might not be a waste of breath to discuss them, let alone commit to one or the other.

IMHO, knowledge of the two, or discernment, is what causes all forms of condemnation, both of the self and otherwise.

"
but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
" --

No. But condemnation only comes through the knowledge of good and evil. We condemn ourselves or others because we think we are privy to the way "things should be" when we are in fact causing more harm than good.

"
But go ye and learn what this meaneth, I desire mercy, and not sacrifice, for I came not to call the righteous, but sinners.
" --