Science Forums

Beautiful Architecture!!!

Mercedes Benzene

Im a fan of the new building that just went up here in Melbourne - its called Eureka Tower.

The upper 10 floors windows are actually coated in 24-carot gold, this is to go along with the name taken from the Eureka Stockade, a rebellion during the Victorian gold rush in 1854.

I was hoping to find a better angle of the tower - and resorted to taking one myself :umno:

Last week I went up to the 88th 'sky deck' and had a look, it was great! I cant believe how fast those elevators move!

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I watched a docu on the lost city of Petra the other day.

Its pretty how they carved the "buildings" into the mountainsides.

The Nabataeans were quite an industrious and trading savvy civilization.

Old skool chisel and pick axe architecture :(

They were very clever and resourceful when building their aquaducts/water irrigation to accomodate the flash floods and sparse amout of rain.

:hal_jackolantern:

• 3 months later...

We actually only had one sunny day! The pics were shot on my cybershot camera phone :eek_big:

If you do come down MB where do you think you would go? Sydney is good, but you cant go past Melbourne - the only thing is your summer is our winter so you are probably better off up the North a little bit.

We actually only had one sunny day! The pics were shot on my cybershot camera phone :)

If you do come down MB where do you think you would go? Sydney is good, but you cant go past Melbourne - the only thing is your summer is our winter so you are probably better off up the North a little bit.

Why? What's past Melbourne? :eek2:

I'm not exactly sure what my parent's want to do, maybe I can convince them to go during WINTER break... so it's at least a little nicer there.

Melbourne Uni is very nice looking, but I believed that my Uni would offer a better Science program.

To say "You cant go past Melbourne" means if you came here you couldnt not see it :steering: its just a lot nicer in the warmer months, but once you get up to Sydney and further north it doesnt matter what time of the year it is, you will still get some nice warm weather.

• 2 months later...