Science Forums

Who's in charge of the Hypography forums?

Tormod

I've had a few questions lately about who is in charge around here.

As for who is the boss - you are in the able hands of Tormod, who is the site editor and forum admin, and IrishEyes, who is both an admin as well as our Communications Officer. Lately GAHD has also joined the admin team.

If someone happens not to be aware of it, the three of us share the administrative work in the forums and Gahd and IrishEyes have the same role as me - that is, handling all kinds of tasks like responding to people, following up topics, giving warnings, and even banning users if someone goes too far. They do not need my permission to do anything, so any of us are the one to look for if you feel like you are getting flamed or otherwise need the attention of an admin.

Also, our excellent team of moderators (Aki, Alexander, Tim_Lou, Bo, and Sanctus) are each responsible for their own categories and also keep an eye on what goes on in the other groups. So they are also among the leaders of the Hypography forums, and can respond to your questions.

Use the private messaging system to get in touch with us. You do that by using the little "lock" icon which is displayed in every post by one of us. This will only work for registered users who are logged in.

Of course, you are always welcome to contact me directly with questions about how the forums are being ran, or questions concerning membership, technical issues etc.

I hope this clears up any confusion there may be.

PS - Uncle Martin is also one of our highly regarded admins. Due to personal matters he will be unable to help out for a while.

Tormod,

I just want to be sure that the private messaging is only to contact one of you guys (or gals).

I left a message for Crin at the water cooler but I was thinking maybe I should have left a private message if thats possible; but I guess it's not.

Is that the best place to leave a message for someone in particular other than a specific thread?

Beaker,

You can send a PM to anyone that has enabled Private Messaged in their profiles, as far as I know. If there is a little lock icon, then you can send them a PM.

Yes, your message to crin could have been sent in a PM. Most of the time, any type of private thought that we'd like to share with only one person can be handled with a PM. However, it is something that may be of value to others, it's not a problem to post it in the watercooler thread. You also have the option of starting a Private Topic and inviting only certain people to your topic. I have had the pleasure of testing this option recently, and it's actually kinda cool. Give it a try if you want.