Science Forums

Cannabis and psychosis

Is cannabis the cure for psychosis or its cure?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Is cannabis the cure for psychosis or its cure?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe (further research needed/information gained)

Is cannabis self-medication sought out by the mentally sick or brain damage from recreational use or both? A drug addict on a television show some years back said that the substances he took were the only thing that levelled him out at normality and allowed him to function in the ordinary world to any degree - is there research to back up either claim?

Is cannabis self-medication sought out by the mentally sick or brain damage from recreational use or both? A drug addict on a television show some years back said that the substances he took were the only thing that levelled him out at normality and allowed him to function in the ordinary world to any degree - is there research to back up either claim?
In your poll; 'Is cannabis the cure for psychosis or it's cure?', I'm having difficulty in understanding your point. On the one hand you ask; "Is cannabis the cure for psychosis" and on the other hand you ask; "or it's cure?" Sounds like the same set of circumstances to me if I may be allowed the rational. As to your points about self-medication; I was a heavy user of cannabis in my early years and can relate to this point of view. Although I don't recommend that it be used today for any set of circumstances, I do understand my excuses for using during this difficult period of my life. Without going into explicit detail, my mental state at the time was lacking stability. I used to voice the following pet excuse; "When I'm cured I won't need to smoke weed any more". Whether I was just deluding myself or whether there might have been some value to the notion, I can't really say. All I know is this fact; Today I don't do drugs any more and I don't recommend their use for any one............................Infy

Cannabis makes everything amazing,

but, you get lazy.

Heightens your sense of sound, touch, taste,

Your sight's a bit foggy but eh,

you're super attentive to everything.

Things feel better too.

It's amazing you can lift yourself up

with a bowl or two of ganja.

A lot of people can't stand being sober.

Some people are like that their whole lives,

others, like me, are just going thru a phase of personal

experiences.

Without it . . Madness takes hold. (And I don't eat much)

They say it's not addictive, but I am addicted to it!

Life without it sucks.

Period.

+ I get so creative when I blaze,

it's a habit that I'm going to need to kick within the years,

but eh I'm still a kid.

"Once you get the message, hang up the phone"

I don't think it's a cure for anything.

Yes, studies have shown that it relieves certain symptoms, but I think people just do it because they want to. It may appear to be a cure for some personal insecurities or "pshychosis", but I don't think there is any medical or scientific research to back up that claim.

I don't know. I will have to do some research.

Good topic. lol .

You never respond with facts or reason. Always with rage and ignorance or scattological gibberish that seems to be pertinent to your altered state of the moment.
Yeah I'm far out,

And i'm sober,

you dick.

Cannabis makes everything amazing,

but, you get lazy.

Heightens your sense of sound, touch, taste,

Your sight's a bit foggy but eh,

you're super attentive to everything.

Things feel better too.

It's amazing you can lift yourself up

with a bowl or two of ganja.

A lot of people can't stand being sober.

Some people are like that their whole lives,

others, like me, are just going thru a phase of personal

experiences.

Without it . . Madness takes hold. (And I don't eat much)

They say it's not addictive, but I am addicted to it!

Life without it sucks.

Period.

+ I get so creative when I blaze,

it's a habit that I'm going to need to kick within the years,

but eh I'm still a kid.

Does this represent the quality of character and reason added by your admitted addiction? :beer:

Bill

"I was all screwed up fon drugs.

Then, I discovered Christ!

Now I'm all screwed up on Christ - but it's OK...

I'm taking drugs for it."

A large proportion of any population will fail to fit within its society. American high school dropout rate has been 30% since the Civil War. Drug abuse dates back to fermentation, tobacco, and coffee. Pederast priests are SOP Roman Catholic Church. There is no cure because there is no problem. Let the misfits resolve themselves without external investment. If they trespass upon productive citizenry, kill them.

The most expensive and utterly destructive force in America today is the do-gooder.

"I was all screwed up fon drugs.

Then, I discovered Christ!

Now I'm all screwed up on Christ - but it's OK...

I'm taking drugs for it."

A large proportion of any population will fail to fit within its society. American high school dropout rate has been 30% since the Civil War. Drug abuse dates back to fermentation, tobacco, and coffee. Pederast priests are SOP Roman Catholic Church. There is no cure because there is no problem. Let the misfits resolve themselves without external investment. If they trespass upon productive citizenry, kill them.

The most expensive and utterly destructive force in America today is the do-gooder.

Hey uncle Al - like the first part (very witty). As for the second point can't you take drugs for it? But seriously! No, you're right it is only a problem if it incurs into your personal space or disrupts the running of society. Do gooding is political correctness by any other name and is inter-fear-ence. Leave people to get on with their lives and they'll do the same to you - stick your nose in and if it gets bitten off, whose fault is it? I don't fit into anything - even when I die I'm not sure if I'll fit into my coffin. Killing them? Not sure about that but jailing the disruptive maybe. As for SOP Roman Catholic Church - I've heard of SOB but what does this (new to me on this side of the Atlantic) mean?

In your pole; 'Is cannabis the cure for psychosis or it's cure?', I'm having difficulty in understanding your point. On the one hand you ask; "Is cannabis the cure for psychosis" and on the other hand you ask; "or it's cure?" Sounds like the same set of circumstances to me if I may be allowed the rational.

Phew... thought I might have been the only one who didn't have a clue what the hell was being asked. :shade:

Phew... thought I might have been the only one who didn't have a clue what the hell was being asked. :shade:

This poll reminds me of a skit with Cheech and Chong.

One of them bangs at the locked door, "let me in!"

The other one says, "who is it?"

"It's Dave!"

"Sorry, man, but Dave's not here!"

"This IS Dave! Let me in!"

"Sorry, man, but Dave's not here!"

I think Dave's roommate wrote this poll question. :hyper: