Science Forums

How do I get help from a moderator?

Ok, I'm new to the site and registered about a week ago but have yet to receive the email. I requested another one (maybe two) but still nothing.

So I clicked on the link in a grey box at the top of every page and tried contacting someone in charge (twice now, I think), but still nothing.

Here's what the text in the grey box says:

"Your account has not been confirmed and is not yet active! To become a registered user on this forum (required for posting or accessing special features) you will need to verify your email address by clicking a special link sent to you in our original welcome email. If you have lost this email, or it never arrived, please go here to request another activation email be sent to you. If you suspect your email address is set wrong, go here and fill the form out so an administrator can fix your account. Also please be sure to disable any spam filters you may have for our website, so that this and all future messages can reach you."

In looking through the messages on the site I found the name of the administrator and sent him a private message tonight. There was something on his profile indicating a vacation.. do I have to wait till the end of July to get the registration email?

It's a bit frustrating.. if I hadn't stumbled on this section I'd probably have kept shotgunning messages all over the place.

Can someone figure out what's wrong? Thanks!

- figment

I have resent your activation codes to the address you registered with.

Ok thanks, but there must be something blocking it because I just checked my email at 2330Z and it's not there... is there a problem because it's Hotmail? Some sites don't accept it.

I'd already tried re-registering using my private email address but your system recognized the fact that I'd registered from this computer already and it wouldn't let me. Could you change my email address in the system to my private email and send me the activation codes there? I can PM it to you. Thanks again!

Ok thanks, but there must be something blocking it because I just checked my email at 2330Z and it's not there... is there a problem because it's Hotmail? Some sites don't accept it.

I'd already tried re-registering using my private email address but your system recognized the fact that I'd registered from this computer already and it wouldn't let me. Could you change my email address in the system to my private email and send me the activation codes there? I can PM it to you. Thanks again!

PM your other email to me and I'll send it to that other address. We've not had any complaints from hotmail users but it's possible they're filtering mail from this domain into your spam folder.

PM your other email to me and I'll send it to that other address. We've not had any complaints from hotmail users but it's possible they're filtering mail from this domain into your spam folder.

Ok, I just sent it to you, Clay. Thanks for helping me out on this.

• 2 weeks later...