Science Forums

Global Warming a fake?

ck27

Why is it that nobody links seismic activity with climactic changes? If you look at global events, what you notice is that both are increasing and getting more violent. Personally I think that what we have here is changes in the electro-magnetic field of the Earth and the theory about a coming pole shift might be right. We've got the Pakistan flooding and Chinese landslides alright but we also had The Boxing Day tsunami a few years ago, the quakes in Haiti and Pakistan, the volcanic eruptions in Montserrat and Iceland, then there are these strange new cloud formations (Asperatus) or is somebody going to say coincidence because they cannot see the link or don't want to? Do we know what the effects of a pole shift could be? No, as far as I know because we haven't lived through one (or am I wrong on that?).

Humanity has obviously caused climactic problems on the Earth but does it explain all the symptoms of this planetary malaise? I personally don't think so. As scientists/ mathematicians, am I putting two and two together, to make five or does it make four and nobody else is willing to do the sums?

Why is it that nobody links seismic activity with climactic changes? If you look at global events, what you notice is that both are increasing and getting more violent. Personally I think that what we have here is changes in the electro-magnetic field of the Earth and the theory about a coming pole shift might be right. We've got the Pakistan flooding and Chinese landslides alright but we also had The Boxing Day tsunami a few years ago, the quakes in Haiti and Pakistan, the volcanic eruptions in Montserrat and Iceland, then there are these strange new cloud formations (Asperatus) or is somebody going to say coincidence because they cannot see the link or don't want to? Do we know what the effects of a pole shift could be? No, as far as I know because we haven't lived through one (or am I wrong on that?).

Humanity has obviously caused climactic problems on the Earth but does it explain all the symptoms of this planetary malaise? I personally don't think so. As scientists/ mathematicians, am I putting two and two together, to make five or does it make four and nobody else is willing to do the sums?

There have been violent and relatively tranquil times in the earth's past. While there's no doubt that seismicity in many ways is linked to climactic changes (volcanoes, raising mountains, emptying seas, creating deserts, etc.), I don't think seismicity is the major player in what we're seeing. The drought and wildfires in Russia, flooding in Pakistan and China, etc. seem to be tied to changes in the jetstream and rainfall associated with that, and maybe those changes could be linked to climate change.

Rather, I think much of what we're seeing are the inevitable, cumulative, and mounting effects of many, many problems that are all in their own ways linked together and coming to a head. Many of these are positive feedback systems that reinforce, accelerate, and worsen tendencies and problems. Historically, this seems to continue until a population or civilization collapses to a sustainable level. Sometimes, that's really hard going...