Science Forums

Tormod

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this last avatar, i could have made it out of a picture, but noo, i had to make it hard for myseld, so instead i uploaded a model, opened it in blender. My first thought: "humm what do i do here?" For a guy who's used to 3d studio max, blender is pretty odd looking, so about an hour of not being able to get exactly what i want later, i upload the image... About 20 minutes of tweaking go by and i finally had what i wanted, stop, save, post...

Well Irish Eyes,

I had quite a few more icons in he works on Photoshop, when I lost the program! - partially (if not completely due to my own stupidity)

I had a major problem with a shortage of space on drive C, and wanted to cear out some unused programs and in the process I uninstalled Photoshop (thinking I would just reinstall it when I had things the way I wanted them), but when I tried, I discovered that a scratch in the disk prohibited me from being able to instal it.

I just got done making another one called "rockstar" on corel photopaint, but the smallest I could get the file was about 250 Kb even at only 80X80 Pixels! - No JPEG or Giff options. That just isn't gonna work.

I'm totally bummed.

By the way, thank you for moderating on the "God" thread.

By the way, thank you for moderating on the "God" thread.

FINALLY - someone appreciates me!

Thanks for the thanks. It's nice to hear someone say something nice to/about me once in a while.

As for your computer problems, I have no doubt that you will get things figured out and will have more submissions before the deadline. I really don't know what we're going to do with you and alexander though. Tormod is going to have to pay you guys royalties when people start using all of your awesome avatars, and new people flock to this site by the millions just to see how we 'look'.

Great job to you both!!

I got an avatar that i'm working on now, its a gif of a solar flare with pictures taken using a green filter, looks pretty cool actually...

trying to get the size down (both image and files size).

Anyways Beaker, I dont see a reason why you cant get the size of your image down, what you can try is open the file, say save for web or something (and thats in photoshop) that should open a little window with your image (maybe even a split or something). There would be thing on the side that you can change though. Choose the amount of colors you need to have, but if there are some that arent used or arent seen, cut them out by selecting them in the little color pallet and pressing "delete". Think that should help you...

It's nice to have this website as a creative outlet.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT??!!??

Creative outlet? Are you nuts??!?? This is supposed to be a serious SCIENCE site. This is *not* supposed to be a place for you fruity, creative types.

Sheesh! Do you see what your site is attracting these days, Tormod??

(hope you know I'm just kididng Beaker. It's great to have you use this site to display your creative genius! btw- I agree, you guys OWN this competition. I think you've scared everyone else away. Oh well, that saves me some cash on shipping. very easy to only have to mail out *2* packages instead of 4!)