Tormod

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by: alexander

Ok, I'm all set with the new one, hey question:

can we I use my Avatar?

Hm, maybe we shoud have been clear about that in the rules: I don't think we should use any of the avatars in the contest before November 15, but if others disagree with me let's discuss it! It can hardly hurt if someone wants to use them, though?

I just thought i'd ask, i wasnt going to use it until the 15th anyways...

The penguin avatar is cool...I know it's the Linux symbol but a polar bear and a penguin...do you have a thing for cold places?

Well, I wouldnt make that descision just yet... first of all penguins are found anywhere from antarctica to the tropics, so i would call it a very adaprive animal that for me (as well as loads of other Linux users) is more of a symbol of warmth, peace and prosparity than coldness, but if you insist, ill post something that doesnt have to deal with cold climates at all, i hope i can find the right picture....

ok, maybe i am addicted to cold, bears, penguins etc... Must be the influence of "The Day After Tomorrow", but it cant be, i only watched it 5 times...

I cant come up with anything scientiffic... maybe ill look at some pics of nanotubes or nanotubes with metal particles or something, and try to make something out of it.

Ugh... Need to do something fun... Got it! reboot into Gentoo and start compiling Open Office, shouldnt take long; only 200 megs of code... about 12 hours if im lucky.

Beaker,

Hopefully, alexander will see your post and offer some advice. I'm sorry, I wish I could help you, but I am having no luck with that either. If alexander doesn't see your post and answer it by Monday, please send him a PM. As one of our new Moderators, I'm sure that he'd be more than happy to tell you how he did it.

Good luck to all in this contest. I look forward to handing out lots of prizes!

one question: Did you go through and read Tormods instructions?

what you need to do is to right click on your file link and say either properties or copy link, depending on your OS. From there you edit your post and in the in "image" tab on top bar post in the url from the properties.