Science Forums

Banned from Hypography

TINNY

I might get banned for starting this topic, though it wont matter because I'll just get a new nick. But I'm just curious to know who has been banned before.

I was banned for a month by Tormod. It was supposed to be permanent, but then someone replied to my topic on ASP.NET, so Tormod lifted my ban to respond to the post. I was just about to get a new nick...

It would be cool to be the only one banned here... gives a 'bad boy' impression although I'm the least that (?).

So who else has got banned?

No, Tinny, I lifted your ban because we all wanted you back. It was boring here without you.

We have only ever banned 5 people - 1 who posted commercials, 2 who were violating our FAQ in everything they did, 1 because of a debate going into an endless loop, and you because (well, you know why!). Of those 1 was lifted immediately since the ban was a mistake, and I think you're the only member of the exclusive club of "ex-bannees".

As for "just getting a new nick" - lol. There are other ways to stop people, you know. I wouldn't try it. But then again you won't need it because there is no way we're banning you now! You're one of the gang now.

I don't understand about the IP part. does that mean whoever uses my computer cannot log on? I mean, I don't have internet at home. I go to the computer lab at my school. that's why I only log on on weekdays.

No, Tinny, I lifted your ban because we all wanted you back. It was boring here without you.

Yeah right.......... I was sure you were so fed up with me posting all that crap.

But then again you won't need it because there is no way we're banning you now

Is that a privilege? If I repeat what I did, I'll not be banned? That would be interesting to try out... See if Tormod keeps his promise...

But then again you won't need it because there is no way we're banning you now

Is that a privilege? If I repeat what I did, I'll not be banned? That would be interesting to try out... See if Tormod keeps his promise...

I see the tounge-emoticon but no - nobody is excempt from the banning. We just don't want to use it because people should always get a second chance. If they blow that chance...well, then it's bye-bye.

So if we banned you school pc by IP, you would in effect stop everyone using that computer from signing up or logging in.

By the way...I am NOT the only one who can ban people at Hypography. IrishEyes and Uncle Martin also has this ability and knowing Irish I'd be very, very careful.

Tinny, right after I got here, I almost got banned. I made Tormod mad because I misspelled his name a few times, and he threatened to ban me

Yeah, I remember that. I think you had a duel with TOrmod about fossil evidences for evolution, Hutton etc.. AT first I thought it was deliberate (Tar - Mud).

AT first I thought it was deliberate (Tar - Mud).

No, it wasn't deliberate, not at all! Seriously though, after I said sorry, he was very nice about it, admitting that people all over the world mispronounce or incorrectly spell his name quite often.

The argument was actually with Freethinker (go figure!), right after we both joined. TormOd joined in and asked why nobody argued with HIM, since he was also not a believer in God. So I directed a few remarks to him, but was not careful enough with my 'spill chicker' and almost got myself banned (honestly, I think the almost-ban had a lot to do with calling them psuedo-intellectuals though - oops!). After I got his post accepting my apology, I felt really welcome here. When the site editor makes it a point to make you feel welcome, you really don't have the chance to leave, do you?

In the end noone will remember that I am a robot.

I'd like to know who writes your programming, T. Is it Yvonne? She deserves more credit than I've given her so far, and that's saying something!

Originally posted by: IrishEyes

In the end noone will remember that I am a robot.

I'd like to know who writes your programming, T. Is it Yvonne? She deserves more credit than I've given her so far, and that's saying something!

query "origin"

-- response received. unable to display result

query response format

-- response format prime numbers in unknown base

display base format

-- jdfølkgj3ohg09348 grh34 g3 4034 on 34 vvn034

decode response -> base format/pi^phi*mc^2

-- response recieved

view response

-- "Copyright © Microsoft 1980-2004. Part of Origins Project. Anyone who reads this will be terminated."

EOF