Science Forums

Speed of light broken

Tormod

In point of fact, nobody broke anything - nor did they claim to in their scholarly publication. Their experiment was a classical diddle of phase velocity vs. group velocity reduced to practice, e.g.,

Interactive demo

No information can be transferred superluminally in this way, not even by Morse code. It was both very elegant and no big deal.

Thanks, UncleAl, for pointing that out. The rest of us were of course just waiting to be loaded onto superluminal starships which would take us to the end of the Universe (where I hear they have a lovely restaurant).

But, to be seroius, as you point out this is of course just a matter of technicalities. Thanks for pointing us to the really useful illustration - it says more than a thousand words.

Tormod

• 1 month later...

The speed of light has always been broken according to my calculations. tormod,you can view these calculations now if you like. The attachments that didn't show up have now been pasted to my message in the General Discussion Forum. Believe me as I believe that I've figured it all out. The only reason I'm not famous yet is because I'm this 22 year old genius that, aside from it being a hobby and a passion since I was a kid, has no documented background in the pysics genre. Check it out and see if you can help me get recognized for my hard work and research.

How doooo? I'm new here. Simply a fan of physics. I don't have time to write a question in the question place so here it is right now:

I'm doing a science projects on the conservation of Momentum and energy, but i lack the tools to do anything advanced. I settled on proving perpetual motion impossible using the novelty toy-"The Swinging wonder" you know the thing with the balls and transfer of momentum and what-not. But i need some actual experiment thats more impressive than just something everybody's seen before. Please Enlighten me Mr. Genius or Somebody.