22 replies to this topic

#18 pgrmdave

pgrmdave

Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3057 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 04:42 AM

That reminds me of a conversation my friends and I once had in which we discussed what the best qualities of a President would be. We came to the conclusion that wanting to be President is the best indicator of a bad President, and that the best candidate is the person who refuses to run.

#19 Tormod

Tormod

Hypographer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14353 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 06:06 AM

We came to the conclusion that wanting to be President is the best indicator of a bad President, and that the best candidate is the person who refuses to run.

Well - a Presidential candidate likely already has a lot of experience from other political positions.... :hihi:

#20 Lancaster

Lancaster

Questioning

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 22 June 2006 - 06:59 AM

Who would want to be president? You have to constantly answer questions every time you're anywhere but the bathroom, memorize huge speeches, make public appearances every other day...And all for a salary a fraction of as big as you could probably make outside of office. Just running implies that you are either really brave or really crazy.

#21 IDMclean

IDMclean

A Person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1670 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:11 AM

Don't take me wrong, I like the authorities here, they are good well meaning people, and I know they are essential to current operation, I don't mean to "slander" anyone, I am merely stating a personal bias. I have not had a good history with those who are "authority" mainly because I advocate personal regulation, something which is apparently not yet ready for the masses.

#22 TheFaithfulStone

TheFaithfulStone

Rockin'

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1488 posts

Posted 23 June 2006 - 12:26 AM

I fight authority, but authority always wins.

I've been doing it since I was a young kid.

TFS :evil:

#23 ronthepon

ronthepon

An Intern!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2132 posts

Posted 27 June 2006 - 06:01 AM

Hmmm... Just a quick question.
How does one go about becoming a junior moderator??

I really want to work hard for that desired position... but I would not dream of such an honor for a long time....

Just wondering if someone could offer some guidance for a young, naive hypographer....

-snigger- hell we all feel that at first...