Science Forums

Banishment

Racoon

I noticed MagnetMan got banned...???

I knew some of his ideas weren't exactly popular, but I liked some of the things he had to say...and this is an open discussion.

Haven't read his latest posts, on Voodoo, but what gives?

How to not get banned?:

I realize there is a boundary people should respect, and once in a while you might trespass, but acknowledge the misdemenor and make ammends...:)

No one is perfect.

So how far can someone push the envelope? For how long?

Not that I want to. :shrug:

There was the RascalPuff case as well. But he violated a major rule.

Plus Spammers should definitely take a flying leap outta' here! :D

You can read the forum rules, but at some point, it seems some cases get a bit subjective. I've read lots of things worse than what MagnetMan has said... :) (some written by me :D )

DON'T GET BANNED
/forums/images/smilies/devilsign.gif

Hypography Rules! and there are Hypography Rules. :)

I noticed MagnetMan got banned...???

I knew some of his ideas weren't exactly popular, but I liked some of the things he had to say...and this is an open discussion.

Haven't read his latest posts, on Voodoo, but what gives?

People that make claims or statements that they cannot support with evidence are walking on thin ice. Especially when they are constantly warned that to do so violates forum rules. It's one thing to express an idea, and quite another to insist that your interpretation is correct without any supporting evidence. Everyone is advised to read and understand the FAQ and rules page................a word to the wise is sufficient...............................Infy

From the rules:

Typical reasons for banning

If you find yourself being banned, you most likely broke our rules above, or:

1. Posted SPAM or something we assumed to be SPAM

2. Annoyed our members so much that the moderators decided to ban you

3. Posted hoax theories without doing proper research (this is a science forum, not a forum for fanatic nuts)

A ban is either temporary or permanent. A temporary ban will usually last for a week, after which it will automatically be lifted. A permanent ban is - well, permanent. Please follow our site rules - we really don't like to ban people.

Not that it was or wasn't the case with MagnetMan but I think it fair to mention that reason 2 applies to PMs as well....

Beyond this we don't discuss with the membership the reason for anyone's banning.

Thread closed.