Science Forums

Tell us what you want!

Tormod

• 1 month later...
I have been pondering this question for more than a month now and have come to the conclusion that what I want is for you all ....is to have a.... Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I hope all of you had a very Merry Christmas, and hope that follows into the upcoming New Year! With as much time as some of us spend here, we deserve it, right? Maybe Tormod will come up with a way to reward us for faithful posting, like making entrance to the HCNA FREE!!

BTW, for anyone that doesn't know...the Hypography Convention - Europe 2005, has been moved. It is now the HCNA05, and will probably be held in April or May, in Washington DC or New York. More will follow in the Watercooler, but wanted to give a quick commercial here while it's fresh in my mind.

• 1 month later...
Is there anything you would like to see at Hypography?

...competitions?

...more forum categories?

...more news and reviews?

...newsfeeds?

...less ads? :hyper:

...etc?

Feel free to post your suggestions in this category. All suggestions and ideas are welcome.

CAN WE GET A WEATHER AND POLITICAL FORUM?

CAN WE GET A WEATHER AND POLITICAL FORUM?

We can do anything as long as it fits our science/technology genre.

Can you elaborate on this? Could a weather forum fall under a (planned) Earth Sciences forum? And is a "Political" forum the same as a "Political Sciences" forum?

While I'd argue that Political Science is not really science, it would go against my new request to add my favorite, the "Dismal Science"... Economics! At Berkeley, the economists won't even sit on the same side of the faculty club as the political science folks, but they might even belong in one group: Political/Economic/Social Sciences...

Enough critical mass for that?

Cheers,

Buffy

While I'd argue that Political Science is not really science, it would go against my new request to add my favorite, the "Dismal Science"... Economics! At Berkeley, the economists won't even sit on the same side of the faculty club as the political science folks, but they might even belong in one group: Political/Economic/Social Sciences...

A social science forum might not be bad idea, even though social sciences are a little "soft". It could include political science, economics, anthropology, sociology, psychology, maybe even history (which is just anthropology/sociology viewed diachronically). And they are all subjects about which people have strong opinions, regardless of how little they know, so some hot discussions might result.