Science Forums

Great Words

Racoon

pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

;)

/forums/images/smilies/banana_sign.gif

(NOO-muh-noh-UL-truh-MY-kruh-SKOP-ik-SIL-i-koh-VOL-kay-no-koh-NEE-o-sis)

A lung disease caused by inhaling fine particles of silica. ;)

[From New Latin, from Greek pneumono- (lung) + Latin ultra- (beyond, extremely) + Greek micro- (small) + -scopic (looking) + Latin silico (like sand) + volcano + Greek konis (dust) + -osis (condition).]

whoaaa. Infy. You definitely stole my word... :cup: I posted it a while back....

hahhahaa. no hard feelings. it just shows how much of a "great word" it is.

Sorry about that my friend, evidently I missed it somewhere along the way. At any rate, that gives me inspiration for another great word:

...........Forgiveness

Ohhh... sorry Infamous, i guess I mistakingly used your nickname "infy", but I was actually referring to InfiniteNow, who posted right before me with pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis! ahhahah. my bad.

Yes, please remember that Infamous uses "Infy." I get it a lot, and am flattered at being associated with him. Although... come to think of it, it probably speaks more of our laziness when posting than me having reached the higher echelons of senior modship...

Know what I mean, MB? ;)

Good word:

Duplicity.

Yes, please remember that Infamous uses "Infy." I get it a lot, and am flattered at being associated with him.
I take that as the highest sort of compliment Infy#2. I will return the compliment and express my willingness to share the nickname with you sir. Maybe we could settle this situation by assigning you the name, Infy2 and myself Infy1. In either case I'm honored to share the title with you my friend.........Infy1