Science Forums

It's A Crazy World

Racoon

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either that poor, crazy German kid didn’t want to really kill anyone, or he had a poor grasp of how to kill with a knife. Whatever the reason, a lot of people should be glad that nobody was killed or badly hurt.

Stories like this give me second thoughts about my own, grown kids, who I assured all have a pretty good grasp of knifefighting. They’re kind, gentle people, so I’m not seriously concerned they’ll do anyone harm, but if any one of them were to intend to, I’m fairly confident they’d put big, lethal holes in a victim’s descending aorta. For not the first time, I wonder if there are some activities at which it’s better one not be competent.

If one had the choice, I’d prefer whole busloads of gay teenage boys in prom dresses to a single awful case of a kid going crazy with a weapon. Young Kevin’s dress, while not what I’d call pretty, isn’t as bad as some I’ve seen, and he looks like he put some serious time and effort into his hair, with good results. :rose: As long as he behaved politely, I don’t see how he could have spoiled anybody’s prom, and hence don’t think he should have been shut out.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:circle:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13744297/

NEW YORK - A man wielding a cordless power saw in each hand rampaged through a Manhattan subway station early Thursday, using one of the buzzing blades to carve into the chest of a postal worker who later said it felt like “he was trying to cut through me.”

Police arrested Tareyton Williams, 33, of the Bronx, on attempted murder and other charges about two hours later after they said he punched someone in another random attack on the street.

This is absolutely ridiculous :doh:

A man is suing Micheal Jordan because he looks like him! and he's tired of it.

WTF is wrong with people??

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/5766288?FSO1&ATT=HMA

A Portland, Ore. man has filed a lawsuit for $832 million, saying he is tired of being mistaken for Michael Jordan, according to KGW-TV.

The television station's Web site says Allen Heckard filed the suit against His Airness and Nike founder Phil Knight on June 29 in county court, claiming to have been mistaken for the basketball legend nearly every day for the past 15 years.

And he's tired of it.

"I'm constantly being accused of looking like Michael and it makes it very uncomfortable for me," Heckard reportedly said