Science Forums

Definition of sound Waves

Rhea

Freethinker:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TeleMad: ...compressional waves of air must enter our ear and strike our tympanic membrane - our eardrum.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

yet even this is incorrect as at lower frequencies the sound is transmitted thru cranial bone transmission.

What a fricking twit you are Freethinker.

"Response of Human Skull to Bone Conducted Sound in the Audiometric to Ultrasonic Range

Bone conduction refers to the response of the bones of the skull to audio and higher frequency vibrations, and to the transmission of such vibrations to, and the reception by, the auditory organ."

http://www.hearultraquiet.com/Pages/Human%20Skull%20Response.PDF

What you "caught" me on was nothing more than a poor word choice. Your whole "refutation" of me rests on one word - I said 'must' and you pointed out that that word is not technically accurate. Big deal.

But what about the other way around? Well, in addition to my catching you on several separate instances of poor word choice, I pointed out your error regarding entropy in one thread, and your numerous, repeated errors about mutations in another. We've also seen how low you'll stoop - trying to twist things around, setting up strawmen, and so on.

So try to gloat all you want...you've lost. I know it, everyone else knows it, and you know it too.

I surrend Telemut. You are the boss. We all bow to your excellence! I even apologize for "catching" what I thought was an error. How could I have been so misguided as to think you could possibly ever error?

I am not worthy!

And thanks once more for providing a post which so dramatically furthers the intellectual capital of this lowly web site!

FreeThinker: I surrend Telemut. ...

And in another thread, FreeThinker bastardizes my handle by calling me TeleFoamsAtTheMouth. And Tormod doesn't say a thing.

So I guess Tormod won't mind if I start bastardizing FreeThinker's handle. Maybe NonThinker, or maybe FreeSexForYoungBoys? Hmmm, which should I use?