Science Forums

Alien Earth Groove

Tormod

In our Guitar Rig discussion I promised to post a song when I got my new PODxt virtual amp modeller up and running.

Well, here goes. The track was created in Ableton Live 4. Simple mastering done in GoldWave.

It's not exactly CD quality and I'm not an experienced producer but I hope someone likes it.

Song: Alien Earth Groove (remix)

Size: 4.34MB

Type: MP3 160kps

Look out Satriani!

I do recognize something in your rifs, but I can't quite figure the song it is from. This time it is not Almond flavored though!

HEY! Just to make sure I was not screwing up the spelling of Almond again, I did a Google for "Almond Bros" and the 3rd listing was:

Hypography Science Forums - Guitar Rig

... I couldn't help but notice a bit of Almond Bros in the rifs. The key and rhythm. ... The "Almond Bros", are they the cousins of the Peach Boys? ...

http://www.hypography.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=16& threadid=594&STARTPAGE=4&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTM... - 80k - Cached - Similar pages

3rd listing? What are you doing wrong that is stopping you from getting #1? :-)

Seriously though, great placement!

• 1 month later...

That was great Tormod!

It took me three trys to down load it on my dial-up connection, but I finally got it.

I thought it sounded excellent.

I haven't read the end of that thread (guitar rig) lately, did you read the story about my guitar? I'm still planning to send a picture. There's always something eles to do.

• 1 month later...

Here in NY, all of my friends' bands get tons of offers for gigs! If any of you know them, they get to open for bands like Nightwish, King Diamond, Symphony X, and many others on the contemporary metal scene. Granted, most of my friends' bands are really good... You know, Dickinson-inspired vocals, crazy riffs and all. But considering most members are no older than 22, it isn't THAT difficult to get good gigs around here...

Good luck with your music, Tormod. = )

- Alisa

• 1 month later...