Science Forums

Charity Auction

Tormod

Well said, dear Turtle! I've already managed to sneak in my bid. :) Now I'm anxiously waiting for the action to get heated!

I finally figured out how to actually 'see' how the auction is going, & I see 2 prints bid for & they both have bids ABOVE the minimum. I have to say that in my view that IS heated.

The main attraction here is not my prints, but the new functionality & services Hypography continues to add in support of its members. The Classifieds section is now on the top Menu Bar & is available for everyone to buy, sell, auction, or donate Science related materials.

This is also an Anniversary occasion & my hats are off to Tormod, the Development Staff, the Admins, the Moderators, & the Regular Members who have all contributed to the growth of this World-wide experiment in cooperation called Hypography.:shade:

:D

All righty thens! Lets bidnow lighten the mood bidnow and go with some bidnow jockularity on the bidnow subject.

So, lets list things you could do with one of these prints if bidnow you owned one. I'll start it off...

--Cut into 38 1" x 5 1/2" bookmarks.

--Line the bottom of a birdcage.

--Wrap a fruitcake in it.

--Re-gift it.

--Placemat.

:)

All righty thens! Lets bidnow lighten the mood bidnow and go with some bidnow jockularity on the bidnow subject.

So, lets list things you could do with one of these prints if bidnow you owned one. I'll start it off...

--Cut into 38 1" x 5 1/2" bookmarks.

--Line the bottom of a birdcage.

--Wrap a fruitcake in it.

--Re-gift it.

--Placemat.

:)

Hang on office wall next to #3's famous rendering of the land of alive toys... (lava snake, wind lion, water toucan, star ostriche, fire cat...)

i'm bidding :]

Excellent decision! :) The glyph induces effects similar to ethnogens, but it is never used up.:D

Hang on office wall next to #3's famous rendering of the land of alive toys... (lava snake, wind lion, water toucan, star ostriche, fire cat...)

A humbling honor Sir! The glyph is a treasure map for lava snake, wind lion, water toucan, star ostriche, & fire cat to follow.

More uses:

--Attempt to recover turtle DNA & make clones.

--Cut into pieces & test the ink's resistance to running.

--Cut into strips & test the ink's light-fastness under varrying lighting conditions.

--Cut into truncated cone & make a lampshade for a small low wattage lamp.

For those of you with an interest in the math used to generate the pattern on the print, posts #101-104 in the Katabatak thread discuss some of the organization & applications. No doubt the serious seeker will want to read the entire thread for a deeper understanding.:shrug: :lol:

http://hypography.com/forums/physics-mathematics/1343-katabatak-math-exploration-pure-number-theory-11.html#post52775

:cup:

More use ideas:

--Trim print square & mount between 2 sheets of plexiglass or glass, then hang as a faux stainglass mobile.

--Mount print in a rotating frame with the axis centered on the common quadrant vertex, then spin for visual effects.

:eek_big:
/forums/images/smilies/banana_sign.gif