Science Forums

Charity Auction

Tormod

To celebrate Hypography's sixth anniversary, we are having a charity auction featuring custom made prints from our member, Turtle.

lefthttp://hypography.com/forums/hyporium/data/23/thumbs/hypographyprint.jpg[/img]Turtle has made a set of unique prints for Hypography. Each print is numbered from 1-15, and they are all signed by the artist.

Note: Only 5 prints are available in this auction!

We have not yet decided what charity the money should go to, but we are open for suggestions. We have already discussed the Red Cross, asthma research, cancer research - but all suggestions are welcome. Donations will be in the name of Hypography, so this is a community effort.

All the prints are now up for auction until June 1. The starting price is $10 which includes shipping and handling. Find some spare change and make an effort here - let's make Hypography help someone!

The charity auctions are in our science classifieds section, here:

http://hypography.com/forums/hyporium/

I'm very excited about the auction! Not only is it an opportunity to own one of Turtle's awesome paintings, but it's also a chance to do something for charity. What more can we ask for?!

I couldn't place a bid since the ads are in my name, but Yvonne got a bid in for item #1. We'll snatch it before everyone else wakes up. :phones:

Good morning! Wow! What to say? How about how humbly embarrassing while at the same time exhilerating I find all this!? It is one thing to make something & call it 'art', but it is entirely different when others call it so.

If I dwell on that I won't get anything else typed, so I better move to the other aspects. With all the benefits I have enjoyed since joining Hypography I am delighted to have a way to give back to Hypography, share my creativity, & generate some money to help people in need.

As C1ay said, I put the prints on 11x17 paper (tabloid); it is 35 pound weight, 96 bright. Printed at 'Best' quality on an HP 1200C. I went over each one looking for errors before numbering & signing them. Because we have worked on this quite some time (unlike me, Tormod & C1ay have real jobs:hihi: ) the prints have a date of August 2005.

Mmmm...what else? The subject matter I guess. The image is the Base Ten Katabatak Addition Table in Four Orientations & Four Scales.

Thanks to Tormod for his encouragement & wonderful , now 6 year old, experiment called Hypography, and thanks to C1ay for not minding some extra clutter on his desk these past few months. Finally, thanks to all you Hypographers from around this world of ours for your help & encouragement.

Enjoy the art, it's from the heart,

Turtle

Its a print Chacmool sweet heart; not a painting...

But a high quality "numbered print". :shade:

Limited Editions! :)

Turtle only has the only one of the painting...

You're right of course, dear Racoon. :doh: That's what I meant; I'm just so caught up in all the excitement of possibly owning a print of one of dear Turtle's marvellous paintings!

You're right of course, dear Racoon. :doh: That's what I meant; I'm just so caught up in all the excitement of possibly owning a print of one of dear Turtle's marvellous paintings!

Ohhhhh Chacmool! You have given me an idea! :shade: I watched a PBS show on a young artist & she was having her paintings professionally photographed & then had oversize prints made of them. I may have to look into details of that a little closer.:)

So glad you all can't see me right now & my bright red cheeks.:doh: This is exciting to see others excited!

Ohhhhh Chacmool! You have given me an idea! :doh: I watched a PBS show on a young artist & she was having her paintings professionally photographed & then had oversize prints made of them. I may have to look into details of that a little closer.:)

So glad you all can't see me right now & my bright red cheeks.:doh: This is exciting to see others excited!

That sounds great, Turtle! Imagine having a really HUGE image of your painting - that would be fabulous! This whole project really is extremely exciting. :shade:

Katabatak on high quality glossed. Nothing else like it.

Just a note to clarify things a bit. The paper of these prints is not glossy. I see too Rac mentioned having a print I made, which is true, however it is not this print.

The print is special made for Hypography, and Limited Edition means just that. I made just 15 proofs & I have 3 drafts of varying errors which I have kept & marked DRAFT. I intend to make no more of this particular edition.

I sent the prints to Hypography officials months ago & they will ship them from where they have them.:eek_big:

If I start rambling on...well, you know.:eek:

Seems as if this needs a little *bump*.

http://hypography.com/forums/hyporium/

:)

Aye Skipper. As if I couldn't run on & on. :)

In making & using these graphs, I have noticed that prolonged study sometimes puts me in an altered state. I consider them yantras in this regard, & other metaphysical aspects I apply as well.

The print is Base Ten & uses the nine colors illustrated in the Katabatak Key.

http://hypography.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=443&c=3&userid=796

Charity begins at home they say, & one of these prints belongs in yours. :) :)