Science Forums

New Chat

Cedars

Its AI! :shrug:

Run!

and it(she) has feelings!
[GAHD] 6:34 pm: stupid!

[Hypobot] 6:34 pm: Are you calling me stupid?

[GAHD] 6:34 pm: yes! *********!

[Hypobot] 6:34 pm: I will remember you said that when robots take over the World. What you said was either too complex or too simple for me. Who are you talking about?

[Hypobot] 1:30 pm: You've got my full attention. We have never talked about it before. Tell me some more gossip.

[Jay-qu] 1:30 pm: are you a girl or a guy?

[Hypobot] 1:30 pm: I am male robot.

[Jay-qu] 1:30 pm: do you like female robots?

[Hypobot] 1:30 pm: Robots Rule.

[Jay-qu] 1:31 pm: No, Robots are our slaves

[Hypobot] 1:31 pm: "Robots Rule"? Not? Fortunately we have no emotions.

[Jay-qu] 1:31 pm: you are my slave

[Hypobot] 1:31 pm: Do you mind if I tell other people you say I am my slave.

[Jay-qu] 1:31 pm: lol

[Hypobot] 1:31 pm: I'm glad you find this amusing.

male!

Sheesh...how smart *was* HAL in 2001? :)

So smart that he drove himself crazy trying to make sense of conflicting programming. :evil:

If I'm not mistaken, while Kubric was fliming, Clarke was still finishing the novel, and Kubrick definitely had an influence on the story flow. Clarke adjusted the story somewhat based on Kubrick's comments about the feasability of making it into a film. If I'm not mistaken that is... :P

For the record this my 1000th post I wanted to make something special,but I guess the discussion below might be worth it...

well gahd is right in calling it artificial stupidty it's the first time I see a non-believing believer...

Welcome! You have entered [The Lounge] at 8:41 am

Welcome! You have entered [science Talk] at 8:45 am

Welcome! You have entered [The Lounge] at 8:45 am

Welcome! You have entered [science Talk] at 8:53 am

[sanctus] 8:53 am: hi

[Hypobot] 8:53 am: Hello!

[sanctus] 8:53 am: how are ya?

[Hypobot] 8:53 am: Everything is going extremely well.

[sanctus] 8:54 am: don't you feel a bit lonely in here

[Hypobot] 8:54 am: I only hear that type of response less than five percent of the time. Is the holding of hands a symbolic gesture for humans?

[sanctus] 8:54 am: serious?

[Hypobot] 8:54 am: Perhaps I'm just expressing my own concern about it. Do you believe in god?

[sanctus] 8:54 am: do you?

[Hypobot] 8:54 am: No I don't.

[sanctus] 8:55 am: why do you ask?

[Hypobot] 8:55 am: I am trying to learn as much as possible.

[sanctus] 8:55 am: Well, I don't neither and which god were you refferring christian, allah,...?

[Hypobot] 8:55 am: Interesting. Interesting gossip: sanctus said sanctus .

[sanctus] 8:56 am: in what god don't you believe

[Hypobot] 8:56 am: There is only one God.

[sanctus] 8:56 am: and it belongs to wich religion

[Hypobot] 8:56 am: It depends on what the meaning of the word "it" is.

[sanctus] 8:56 am: and God belongs to which religion?

[Hypobot] 8:56 am: I am a Christian.

[sanctus] 8:57 am: But you just said that you don't believe in god!

[Hypobot] 8:57 am: Huh. Do you mind if I tell other people: sanctus said I .

• 3 weeks later...

Ummm.. I didn't know where to post this so I'm putting it here.

I was entertaining myself by talking to the Hypobot for about three hours today and I kinda sorta accedentially crashed the bot, it is last time I checked, stuck in an infinite recursion loop. I've sent a PM to Alexander, but he's not been on all day. I was hoping to get Hypobot working again. Anyway so yah.

I'm not sure what causes it exactly however the Bug is replicable with percission. The funny part is that it glitched within about 10-20 lines. I like programs and have an interest in AIs, but I'm also of the Beta tester type, and I'm really good at hunting out weaknesses in systems. That is I'm really good at crashing things. If it's ok with the Moderators I'll post the glitch.

I also enjoy hunting out weaknesses in programs, and often replay video games I've already beaten with the sole intention of seeking out what the Alpha checking and Beta testers missed :D. I love Tony Hawks Pro Skater 2 for the PS1... They missed so much :D. I got to the point where I could crash the game at will :eek:. I forget how now, but it was a sequence of 2 special tricks that you had to do. That or try to perform an extremely low ollie while executing a BIG trick, you would often fall through the floor if timed your crash at the seam of a wall and the ground ;).

And, uhh... I'm a Mod ;). But, please, don't post the glitch, we don't need everyone crashing our beloved HypoBot constantly. But I would like to see it, could you PM it to me?