Science Forums

OT: Van's The Man

Tormod

Okay, this is a bit embarrassing. I spoke highly of mr Van Morrison...and promtply went to my CD collection to find my Van records and man I don't own a single one. I have some MP3s obviously but guess it's time for me to catch up a bit here.

Okay, list your Top 5 VM albums and I'll right my wrongs.

(For those who wonder what the heck this is doing in a science forum, this all ties in neatly with next year's Hypography Convention).

Originally posted by: Tormod

Okay, list your Top 5 VM albums and I'll right my wrongs.

Only 5! Are you kidding me? How do I whittle it down that much? The following 4 are required, in chronological order.

Them (US, released as Mystic Eyes in some parts of the world)

Moondance

Tupelo Honey

Too Long in Exile

(From there, picking a last <u>one</u> is very difficult) but perhaps sticking to studio, non-compilations...

Saint Dominic's Preview

(For those who wonder what the heck this is doing in a science forum, this all ties in neatly with next year's Hypography Convention).

Let's hope so!

And it seems that reviewing Van's discography gives me my new sig

Tormod,

I agree, it's hard to pick only five. However, if you want the most 'Van for your buck (or kroner)", I'd say to start with a his Greatest Hits. It has many of his standards, along with some really awesome others. Along from that, I'd suggest:

Astral Weeks

Moondance

Avalon Sunset

A Night In San Francisco

Days Like This

Don't rush out and buy anything just yet though. In the box with the candy, there will be a cd or two, just for you. A very good friend of mine owns a buy/sell/trade cd store, and was intrigued with sending some of his merchandise off to Norway, so I traded some of my old stuff for some Van stuff, and it'll be off to you soon. ENJOY!!