Science Forums

And my name is.....

IrishEyes

Originally posted by: wisdumn

man FT, i never knew all that happened to you from christians, now you know why in one of the earlier threads i said i didn't call myself "christian " i believe in Christ and all

Someone that "believe(s) in Christ and all" is EXACTLY what a Christian IS! It is merely Obfuscation to claim otherwise. YOu are playing a game of symantics.

but i think even you can agree that at least according to matt. mark luke and john in the Bible, Jesus never said threaten and harass others because they disagree with you, he simply said to love people regardless, to not hate but to forgive.

Perhaps you feel OK with LYING about what is ACTUALLY in the bible, but not me.

Matthew 10:33-35 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.

Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

Luke 19:27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.

(And don't try playing the "Out of Context" garbage, I know the entire context of these and can PROVE they are competely IN Context)

so i'll tell you right now, if that is the impression that has been left in your mind of christians, then please don't associate me or Jesus's teachings with them because that's certainly not the way to treat others.

Oh, but it is EXACTLY the way the biblical Jesus says you MUST act. I am only fortunate that no Christer has actually followed the bible literally. Millions of others have not been that fortunate.

Try actually reading the stupid book sometime and you won't parrot such obvious LIES!

the Bible said that there would be false prophets and with false prophets come false followers.

And you are obviously one of them. You INVENT what you WANT the bible to say and then IGNROE what it ACTUALLY says. Or perhaps you are just plain ignorant of the bible and are merely parrotting what others lie to you about. I am willing to accept that. This time. But now you KNOW better. You can't use ignorace as an excuse the next time you make such lies.

BTW. What I posted earlier about my experinces is a small sample. In fact some examples of how "loving Christians" treated my children are included in a report of religious intolerance presented to the United Nations "Non-Governmental Organization Committee on Freedom of Religion or Belief" showing that the United States was not in compliance with the 1981 United Nations "Declaration on the Elimination of All Forms of Intolerance and Discrimination Based on Religion or Belief."

Back to topic, I choose my current nic out of a rather twisted sence of humour and ego, or rather, you could say my father chose it.

Back in the pre-net days(ahh, direct-dialing a BBS, now those are fond memories) I too used a different nic. I statrted off using my arcade nicks;Ace or duce. After a while I changed to MagiCat, both to dust off the taint of the overussed previous nics, and because I had designed the name to be just odd enough to stick in peopl's minds.

Originally posted by: Freethinker

Originally posted by: wisdumn man FT, i never knew all that happened to you from christians, now you know why in one of the earlier threads i said i didn't call myself "christian " i believe in Christ and all

Someone that "believe(s) in Christ and all" is EXACTLY what a Christian IS! It is merely Obfuscation to claim otherwise. YOu are playing a game of symantics.

but i think even you can agree that at least according to matt. mark luke and john in the Bible, Jesus never said threaten and harass others because they disagree with you, he simply said to love people regardless, to not hate but to forgive.

Perhaps you feel OK with LYING about what is ACTUALLY in the bible, but not me. Matthew 10:33-35 But whosoever shall deny me before men, him will I also deny before my Father which is in heaven. Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple. Luke 19:27 But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me. (And don't try playing the "Out of Context" garbage, I know the entire context of these and can PROVE they are competely IN Context)

so i'll tell you right now, if that is the impression that has been left in your mind of christians, then please don't associate me or Jesus's teachings with them because that's certainly not the way to treat others.

Oh, but it is EXACTLY the way the biblical Jesus says you MUST act. I am only fortunate that no Christer has actually followed the bible literally. Millions of others have not been that fortunate. Try actually reading the stupid book sometime and you won't parrot such obvious LIES!

the Bible said that there would be false prophets and with false prophets come false followers.

And you are obviously one of them. You INVENT what you WANT the bible to say and then IGNROE what it ACTUALLY says. Or perhaps you are just plain ignorant of the bible and are merely parrotting what others lie to you about. I am willing to accept that. This time. But now you KNOW better. You can't use ignorace as an excuse the next time you make such lies. BTW. What I posted earlier about my experinces is a small sample. In fact some examples of how "loving Christians" treated my children are included in a report of religious intolerance presented to the United Nations "Non-Governmental Organization Committee on Freedom of Religion or Belief" showing that the United States was not in compliance with the 1981 United Nations "Declaration on the Elimination of All Forms of Intolerance and Discrimination Based on Religion or Belief."

thanks for the stereotype, now everytime some one claims to think freely i'll think they are as close-minded as you. i'm done with this because like irish said, it doesn't belong in the thread.