Science Forums

User profiles

IrishEyes

I spent 15 years as a cabinetmaker. After loosing parts of 2 fingers, an eye,& crushing a disk in my back, I pretty much leave that work to others. I am a master however, my masterpiece is a house built completeley true to Japanese temples. I sided the home & did all the finish work over the course of a year. The home sits on Willapa Bay in Washington State.

I am a master however, my masterpiece is a house built completeley true to Japanese temples. I sided the home & did all the finish work over the course of a year. The home sits on Willapa Bay in Washington State

Are there any pictures of the house online that we could see?

Mmmmm...picures of the house. Possibly some somewhere I didn't take, but I don't know for sure. I took quite a few myself, however the last few years find me obsessed with ridding myself of material possesions; I may have thrown them out with the other hundreds of photos. Oh to be free. How about if I scan a roof tile piece from it I still have?

I would come to work before sunrise & watch coyotes feeding on sheelfish at the bay's edge by moonlight. By midmorning the bald eagles took over the feasting. That's enough;it's too sad in a way.

Mmmmm...picures of the house. Possibly some somewhere I didn't take, but I don't know for sure. I took quite a few myself, however the last few years find me obsessed with ridding myself of material possesions; I may have thrown them out with the other hundreds of photos. Oh to be free. How about if I scan a roof tile piece from it I still have?

I would come to work before sunrise & watch coyotes feeding on sheelfish at the bay's edge by moonlight. By midmorning the bald eagles took over the feasting. That's enough;it's too sad in a way.

So am I to understand that this is not "your" house, but rather something you built for someone else? You speak of it with such longing...

Indeed. Some millionaire's house & money no object & the only admonision was that everything had to be perfect. I worked there for a year & only 3 other guys had such a heavy hand in it (I wasn't the boss on this one).

It took me 3 months alone to side the house with T&G cedar. Each board I fit at the top to raw logs; so tight you can't fit a match cover between them. One particular board in a corner took me 3 hours to fit one day. Yes, I have some longing. Under some of the interior work you can still find little cartoons I drew & other such. The boss man made me start the interior work in a closet even then! He never once in a year had cause to find my work less than perfect. So, my woodworking masterpiece. I treat my math research the same way.

What's your specialty in areospace, maddog?

Gahd,

Sorry I missed this one last week. It has been hectic adjusting to my new project. :rant:

My specialty from a career point of view (25 or years not withstanding) was/is not been

directly my college major (Astrophysics, then Physics), though it was my minor

Comp Sci. Always in microprocessor side of things, as I got older, I kept getting more

real-time development projects. Mostly with Motorola type CPUs (now Freescale). I

naturally think Big-Endian and abhor Little-Endian type systems. :) I can work on a PC

system, I would just hate writing a driver in that environment. Now mostly I am a project

manager. I still have aspirations of getting accepted into a graduate program in Physics.

I am currently working at USC for a MS in EE - Comp Arch. I have been involved in

numerous parallel processing systems.

I would like to create a parallel processing system like SETI to go through the calculations

in checking out all the string theory assumption like checking out Calabai-Yau spaces, etc.

Just a pipe-dream at the moment. This might have been more than you asked for, though

if not, it is what I can tell you before I would have to kill you... :xx: hehehe... :hihi:

Maddog

• 8 months later...

all the other posts are like 8 months old but what ever!

My name is -Nathan-

(possibly at 18 going to be amadeous, cuz i like that name.)

i live in Des Moines Iowa. Usa

i like hiking, archery, History, Biking and other random things...

im 14 going to roosevelt High School as a Freshman.

and i like Company of people who share similar veiws with me.

I tend to (in a group) be a leader not a fallower. :)

(but not on something like hypography)

I am Going to hopefully go into some kind of scientific study for a career, but am still very undecided, and i enjoy cookin! - best item i can cook is my special Scrambled Eggs-

(like nothin youve ever tasted!) :confused:

Hello, Hypography. A friend introduced me this forum when we were discussing about shape-shifting. lol I love this place. I am...Mercury. I am from Malaysia. Just graduated from A-Levels and am now applying for...don't know which course suits me better, hopefully biomedical science.

• 2 weeks later...
Hello, Hypography. A friend introduced me this forum when we were discussing about shape-shifting. lol I love this place. I am...Mercury. I am from Malaysia. Just graduated from A-Levels and am now applying for...don't know which course suits me better, hopefully biomedical science.

Would your friend be TINNY, by any chance?