Science Forums

Server move: Downtime notice

Tormod

On the night between March 24 and 25 we will be moving the forums to a new, dedicated server. The forums will be turned off during the entire move, and will remain closed until everything is working again.

The move will occur at night for most of our members, so take this opportunity to get a good night's sleep. :phones:

Those who have e-mail addresses @scienceforums.com need do nothing at the moment - I will send information about the transfer of the e-mail accounts next week.

Hopefully the server move will go smoothly so that we'll be online again Saturday morning.

Ah, forgot the time zones. The server move will begin at 08am CET (Central European Time), which is 7am GMT March 25, which means it will be 2am in New York (March 25) and about 11pm in LA (March 24).

As for you Aussies I have no clue. :eek_big:

Anyway, in 40 minutes I'm shutting this down.

EDIT: Some wrong times given.

Just popping in for the first time since the move, and...there are a bunch of threads I can't get into: example is the "Server Move Update" sticky thread in this forum: neither the main thread link nor the goto-last-post links work, even if I paste them directly into the address field of my browser (FF 1.07). The system comes back quickly (nice new server!), but there's plain no response: no error, no refresh, no white page, just the little "Done" notice in the status bar, although the thread *does* get marked as read. Other threads work fine, with no rhyme nor reason to it that I can see so far...

Buggy,

Buffy

Having the same problem Buffy's got, and it seems to have fixed it when I set the posts to default. Only problem, default is FIVE!!! :eek2:

Is this a temporary thing? I normally had my posts per screen set to 40, which means you don't have to page over so often.

Having the same problem Buffy's got, and it seems to have fixed it when I set the posts to default. Only problem, default is FIVE!!! :eek2:

Is this a temporary thing? I normally had my posts per screen set to 40, which means you don't have to page over so often.

Check which setting you changed. The default is definitely 10.