Science Forums

Is there a God? What do YOU think???

IrishEyes

What is your personal belief about GOD??  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What is your personal belief about GOD??

• A. I do not believe in any type of God.
    • B. I do not believe in any personal God.
    • C. I believe that every person is God.
    • D. I believe that God is part of everything and everything is part of God.
    • E. I believe in the God represented in the Bible.
    • F. I believe in a personal God, but not the same God that Christains claim.
    • I am a Freethinker, and therefore have no BELIEF in anything, only acceptance of things.

Originally posted by: IrishEyes

And the poll proves that YOU are correct, and i was wrong

Well you should be used to that by now.

but thanks for helping me 'prove' (es evidenced by poll respondants) that this SCIENCE SITE is overflowing with GOD-BELIEVERS! So stop your grumbling aobut it being a SCIENCE SITE - we know what it is and we're bringing God here anyway!! ;>P

Like I said, that started this whole thing. You Christers come here with religious mumbo jumbo and then are surprised when they are exposed as the fallacies they are. Those FEW of us that DO base our thoughts AND POSTS on reason and SCIENCE are then attacked for being mean, angry, rude people by "loving Christians" that "are not better than anyone else" no matter how perfect their knowledge is.

And it is NOT "god" you bring here, there has not been a single one of you that has supplied even the first simple valid proof of a god, you just bring your god SUPERSTITIONS here. But it can be entertaining at times. Thanks for the laughs! :-)

God Bless You All!!

And may Satan take your childrens' souls to his eternal care!!

I believe in God and you can't prove I don't one of the MANY reasons besides personal encounters that destroyed my human intelligence was the words of a blind, deaf , and dumn girl and i quote:

" I believe that God is in me, as the sun is in the color and fragrance of a flower- the Light in my darkness, the Voice in my silence-- Helen Keller

how did she know there was color or fragrance in a flower and how did she know that the sun had anything to do with it. all she had was what others had told her- but that simple Belief of the flower and what she knew inside was PROOF enough for her. I wish all of you here had known about how i felt before i believed in God(although it would very much embarass me for anyone to know my former stupidity) i think you who do not believe in God would have seen very much of your same arguments had also formed in my head and that i could logically argue most opposition down with Complex theories and such. but what i realized the most after i had accepted God was that the whole time i was trying to disprove His existence to others was also the time i was trying to disprove to myself that i believed in Him without concrete evidence. well my friends, even concrete is another form before it becomes solid, and so look for solid evidence all you want, but you might want to check out the liquid and gas evidence that lies beneath your "lack of solid proof".

Originally posted by: IrishEyes

From the looks of it, there are only 5 people registered at this site that are willing to cast a vote.

You should give it more time. The polls I've posted took weeks to get anywhere.

we know what it is and we're bringing God here anyway!! ;>P

Not quite the omnipotent being you have described if he needs your help being a part of this forum,....is he?

God Bless You All!!

I'm not really in the mood for that right now. Maybe later. If you are real good, I'll bless you. Or I'll get someone to do it if it makes you feel better.

*rotflmao*

WHY?

• 3 weeks later...

08/04/2004 10:57 PM - Unc

You should give it more time. The polls I've posted took weeks to get anywhere.

Ok, it's 8/21/04 now, and still only the five votes. When do I get to determine that there are just as many Christians at the site as there are people that do not hold a God-belief?

It's too bad, really, as I was very interested in seeing how many people actually believe in God, versus people that don't.

Originally posted by: Freethinker

I'd love to answer it, but you do not give me one to choose from. I do not have a god belief. That is very different from the 2nd closest A. I do not believe in any type of God. Though this one could be modified to provide an even greater level of philosophical identification A. I do not believe in anything.

how about the last choice, " i am a free thinker, and therefore have no belief in anything,only acceptance of things"

you also said " i do not have a god belief " i think that pretty much means the same thing as choice#1

" i do not believe in any type of god "

so you're right. you were not given one to choose from, you have two to choose from, just try the one that feels the least contradictory to your beliefs.

There's that word again... 'significantly'. It seems to be popping up quite a bit lately.

Unc, I don't think it'll change things all that much, even if FreeT DOES decide to vote. Actually, if it stays at 7 votes, then it will prove that *I* was right and *he* was wrong. I'm sure that would be worth a chuckle at least.

Anyhow, I did the poll, and tried to get some accurate results, so the next time someone says that the site is filled with either Christians or atheists, we'll actually have some stats to reference.

Thanks to all that participated, I appreciate your help!!

Polls never worked too well in these forums. Maybe it is because they only show up on page 1 and a thread soon goes beyond that.

Still, I am surprised too. I figured the ratio would be different. But 7 is too small a figure out of 500 members (out of whom I guess some 25-30 are monthly visitors and less than 10 are here every day).

Originally posted by: FrankM

Your vacation must have over stimulated your mental neurons, or you have too much web bandwidth, or

too much time on your hands, to induce you to explore this subject.

The current picture of the month at this site is noteworthy.

http://www.evcforum.net/

LOL! I didn't see this post at first. Incredible. And how true...

• 3 months later...
As the cartoon so aptly demonstrates, there is no LEGITMATE SCIENTIFIC debate between Evolution and Creationism. It's really very basic.

True. It's as if though there's a scientific debate between General Relativity and Intelligent Grappling :-)

Creationism is NOT Science.

It is somewhat of a hypothesis, however it has been shown to been wrong long ago. Many of the proponents probably know this, especially the leaders (except for Kent Hovind, who doesn't know the difference between sound and electromagnetic radiation (true)), but they stick to it because they want it to be true. That's my guess, anyway.

It's a self-fulfilling prophesy. When you believe in Creationism, you believe in an all-powerful God who can do anything, so no matter what evidence there is to contradict it, a creationist can always pull out his/her trump card, 'God wants it that way'. The problem with the 'evidence' for it is that people form the hypothesis then set out to prove it rather than to gather all possible data.

• 1 month later...

Thanks to mother engine, I just re-read this thread. If I hadn't I might have forgotten the days when *THIS* was true...

Still, I am surprised too. I figured the ratio would be different. But 7 is too small a figure out of 500 members (out of whom I guess some 25-30 are monthly visitors and less than 10 are here every day).

Especially since we had over 50 members drop in on Friday, and many more visitors than that. It is just mind-boggling sometimes...

Does anybody remember a time when they could sneak into the Forums and have all of the recent posts say your name? Now there's never a time when I'm here alone, and usually someone answers one of my posts before i can get halfway down the list. I can remember a time when it was (almost) a contest, to see who could keep their name up the longest. Can you guess who normally won?