Science Forums

Dream holiday

Yvonne

Where should the 2005 Hypography Convention take place?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Where should the 2005 Hypography Convention take place?

• Italy
    • Denmark
    • England
    • Norway
    • Netherlands
    • Greece
    • NO - it must be in North America
    • My choice is not represented, so I'll answer in a post

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by: IrishEyes

Also, I'd love to come to Oslo. Mr. Irish just mentioned something like that the other day. "So, when are you going to Norway to meet your new friends, and do we all get to come with you?"

Anytime, of course!

I told him maybe we'd meet in Denmark or something, that way it would be a vacation for everyone, and we could see some incredible science museum while we are there, so Tormod can write it all off as a business expense for tax purposes!

You mean my constantly money-losing prospect called "Hypography"? Sooner or later Mr. Tax Man will come knocking on my door (again).

Anyway, Denmark and science museums? Hm. Maybe they have one for Tyco Brahe...? Don't know. Niels Bohr was Danish. And Ole Roemer (the guy who used Jupiter's moon Io to measure the speed of light). And Søren Kierkegaard...the philosopher who wrote just about every boring psalm in the book.

It seems they mostly have famous MEN in Denmark:

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionary.com/List%20of%20famous%20Danish%20people

...we must get some Danish people to join this forum and teach us otherwise.

I agree...amusement park as a science museum... hmmm, we could do a scientific experiement and see how many peices of funnel cake it takes before we feel sick. that sounds like a good one to me.

Alrighty then, it's settled... Denmark next summer. Who else is coming?

The reason for my asking is that I just bought a magazine covering some special stores in the US.

Which stores, and what do you need? Just let me know and I'll drop the stuff in the mail. That would be kinda cool, actually!

What do I not need? What do I need? When I get into a quilting shop I feel the urge to get everything and then nothing. There are so many beautiful fabrics, and I actually subscribe to services that sends me a variety of fabric quarters every month.

About sending stuff in the mail. Maybe someone would like to swap some candy? I've tried to get m&m's with peanut butter, but they don't seem to be selling them in Europe. One bag would satisfy me.

I could trade with either milk chocolate, or some liqorice or any other candy of your choice.

My dream vaction would be Greece I think. Cradle of Western civilization. Beaches. Ouzo. NUDE beaches. NUDE beaches! lol

MY Lady spent some time there a few years back and is desperate to go back. Her favorite part of her Europe trip.

And as long as I am dreaming, I would take the trip in the body I had about 5 years ago!

Great! I really hope this Denmark-meeting happens. But my guess is next summer is more realistic than late November? Or am I wrong?

We can of course just jump on the boat and be there at no expense and no time (why don't we...???)

Actually, do they sell Swedish Fish in Norway? My kids LOVE those, but I love them more!!

They probably do, but I don't know what kind you are after? It's not far and no trouble to go Sweden for them (my father's girl friend is swedish and does all her shopping there, half an hour trip from their house) if we don't have them here. Are they salty? sweet? sour? (spelling... eh..)