Science Forums

The Creator

galaxy

hey unc. the reason i brought up anuthing about teaming up is because in the post where you called me a confused, young, man-- you wrote and i quote "do you not understand that this nonsense has been seen by vrtually everyone, time after time"? referring that i was arguing and old creation argument.

so who is everyone? you and FT. or the 14% of the people in america that do not believe in a creator.

either way the majority of people whether they match your wise providence or not still seem to believe in a creator, whether deitous or not. so you made the team, not me.

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by: wisdumn

referring that i was arguing and old creation argument.

so who is everyone? you and FT.

I'd say a fair reason so few joined in this discussion is that we've heard it all before, yes. We've had endless people come in and start talking about "is there a god" and (it never fails) concluding with a resounding "yes". When asked for proof they state, "because I believe so".

That is why our FAQ explicitly states:

4. Statements like "I just know that this is the way it is" (especially when religion is being discussed) are considered ignorant and might be deleted.

We rarely delete posts, but repeated violations of our FAQ is grounds for banning. Wisdumn, your behaviour in this thread is appalling and I hereby give you a fair warning. Please stop this fruitless discussion immediately or I will shut you out.

I have hinted before that this thread be stopped. Now is the time. Stop this nonsense and participate in other discussions on our site, which you are very welcome to do.

hey tormod, i don't know what i have done wrong and i certainly have done more than just say i believe anything, go back and read all of my post and i think you will see that i have given very logical reasoning as to my claims of there being a creator. i don't know what you are specifically referring to about my behaviour being apalling so if you could tell me i will try and curb it. i do enjoy this site and i am not angry at anyone nor do i feel i have entered into any boundaries that others on this forum have not. as far as this particular topic"the creator" it is just the most interesting to me currently and when other topics peek my interests i would love to participate. again, i am happy to be here and am not angry at any one person, i just reply in turn as to how people speak at me. thanks - wisdumn

Wisdumn, it is YOU that just does not get it. THere is NOTHING reasoned nor LOGICAL about your claims. You do not offer ANYTHING to support your claims. Merely repeating over and over

it is more probable to thing that an intelligent, scientific,imaginative,and artistic force made it because while things may bang on earth or in space, and while there was definitely something before the BB, where does the concept of animals, humans, bugs, trees, stars, planets,---humans needing brains to think instead of their_

does not include the first logical nor reasoned information. All you are doing is rambling unsupported claims.

You also want to claim that you accept a biblical god/ creation but want to talk about some other one. When asked to DEFINE this other NON-biblical creator, you give us NOTHING. You don't seem to be able to understand that "Creation" requires defintion of what "Creation" is. There are thousands of creation myths. Do you want to discuss the sun god spitting the earth into existence? Or mud being piled on a turtle's back? These are both creation myths. Do you have some other one?

So far all you have been able to post is that you want to discuss a non-biblical biblical creation myth.

As to using the bible to prove the bible is WRONG, what other way is there? Perhaps Moother Goose Tales proves the bible worng without using the bible? Absurd!

And that utterly absurd attempt at some math formula! All it showed was that you have no concept of how math works.

You fail to grasp the concept of a logically constructed argument presentation. If you don't want to discuss the biblical creation (and who would blame you?) DEFINE YOUR creation story. Give examples. Give factual valid data to support the examples. When asked for greater details ANSWER with FACTS.

IF you still don't get it, you never will.

Originally posted by: Tormod

Originally posted by: wisdumn

referring that i was arguing and old creation argument.

so who is everyone? you and FT.

I'd say a fair reason so few joined in this discussion is that we've heard it all before, yes. We've had endless people come in and start talking about "is there a god" and (it never fails) concluding with a resounding "yes". When asked for proof they state, "because I believe so".

That is why our FAQ explicitly states:

4. Statements like "I just know that this is the way it is" (especially when religion is being discussed) are considered ignorant and might be deleted.

We rarely delete posts, but repeated violations of our FAQ is grounds for banning. Wisdumn, your behaviour in this thread is appalling and I hereby give you a fair warning. Please stop this fruitless discussion immediately or I will shut you out.

I have hinted before that this thread be stopped. Now is the time. Stop this nonsense and participate in other discussions on our site, which you are very welcome to do.

I understand your policies Tormond. I am new here and I did not know that posting this subject was going to become such a heated discussion. And when you suggested we should drop the subject I was the first one to agree with you, because I saw that it was leading nowhere. However, don't you think is incorrect for a member of your science forum to make statements such as:

TextLet's try to simplify things at this point. Galaxy, can you agree that it is a foregone conclusion that one of these diametrically opposed views must be correct, the other wrong? They can't both be right, can they?

So in order for us to terminate the subject I must say, yes , you are correct and I am wrong? even if I am of Christian faith I must say I believe in the big ban and other theories that go against my personal belives? I never asked FT or uncle Martin to admit I was correct and they were wrong. I always defended my believes but never wanted to impose them . I always said I respect their views, and I expected the same respect. anyhow, if wisdumis being warned for replying to statements such as these:

TextI am God. I am the creator. Prove me wrong, I dare you

TextSURELY YOU JEST? Do you mean to say that whether or not you are correct is not important? Are you really so brainwashed as to believe your teachings so unquestionably that you don't even care if it is wrong? How can it be possible that blind faith, however wrong it is,... could be more important than the truth? Ever contemplated reality? Duh!!! Of course not

TextIT is also a perfect example of just how far a Christian will LIE in order to cover their absurd and harmful superstition, to go back and edit out all previous posts so you don't have to stand behind them.

TextYou really don't have a clue do you wisdumn?

Wouldn't it be fair to also warn uncle Martin and Free thinker for making those statements after you told them to change the subject?

They have been warned. However, both FT and Unc are respected moderators of these forums and have earned greater leniency because of it. They have steered many discussions on track. My sincere response is that Visdumn should have stepped back from his soap box long ago, and others should have followed. However, this is an open discussion group and thus sometimes we must allow things get out of hand. Some of our most legendary posts are 100% crap but people enjoyed them. This particular thread turned out to become a ping pong party and it is about time we close it.

And please, refrain from using "Don't you also agree" in your posts. It is a leading question. We are not here to tell each other what to agree upon.