Science Forums

Sasquatch: New Expedition

Turtle

What kind of scat is pictured in post #42?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What kind of scat is pictured in post #42?

• Sasquatch
    • Black Bear
    • Cougar (aka Mountain Lion)
    • Coyote
    • Porcupine
    • Skunk
    • Human
    • Martin
    • Fox
    • Other - I have posted my explanation to the thread

Well, minor setback.

F & W couldn't get us the permits we were seeking; rediredcted to another office across town.

Still plenty of time to make appropriations and adjustments

Talked to them about introducing a Sasquatch insemenation and captive breeding program! :hihi: :hihi:

___The Fish & Wildlife folks provided specific information on fishing & hunting, but we needed the National Forest Office (it moved since the last time I went so far from home:eek: ) While they didn't throw us out for the breeding inquiry, they didn't react like many people before us asked if it was OK to boink a bigfoot. Leaving that proposition undecided until after the fact:confused: , they did say trapping in the area is not allowed this time of year.:hihi:

___At any rate, the half-assed plan to make contact with Sasquatch in the area she/he was last spotted is taking shape nicely after Racoon & I hatched up more hijinks in the Fish & Wildlife parking lot.

___Lead, fallow, or step off the trail!:) :hihi: :) :hihi: :) :hihi: :hihi:

Does the area that you are planning to go to have bears?

Absolutely; Black Bears. The Fall Bear hunting season is over & the Spring season is April 15th to May 31 with permits in only certain areas. While it is rare in the area for bears to attack campers & hikers, they are encountered. We also have Cougar (otherwise called Mountain Lions), which are hunted & hunt people too.

If you make sufficient noise (I keep a 'bear bell' on my walking stick) while moving through bear territory they tend to run off; keeping food & garbage put away in a steel box in camp disuades nightime raids (they don't get the food & the noise wakes you up to chase them off) If a wild animal attacks you in the forest, you are authorized to kill it by any means possible. I make a lot of jokes & jests, but make no mistake that this is rugged & dangerous country.

Off to more preparations!:hihi:

"First Annual St. Patrick's Day Sasquatch Hunt on Silver Star Mountain"

is well underway..

It's gonna' be a HumDinger of a Pow-Wow! ;) :)

With Lots of Science Goin' On!!

:( :) ;) :steering: :hyper:

The Plan is to Lure IT to Us.

because Us to It has not worked in the past..

When ol' Sasquatchy gets a wiff of that propane burning Chile and open bottles, It will succumb like a puppy! :dog:

:( :gift: :wink: :wink:

Let me know if you need alternate skat for scientific comparison.

Bill

Great BigDog! Knew we could count on you!

Now we have a Control, then We will find the Variable..:hyper:

Be sure to log down what you eat for two days prior to shipping the Control Sample. (preferably Over-night, so it's Fresh)

This has to be as Scientifically Objective as Sasquatchly possible! :steering:

___Weather is the big question now that might junk the project. If we get a cold wet March storm near our weekend then we won't be able to get into the area. Silver Star Mountain is just over 1300 feet & the roads leading in to it average 500 to 800 feet.

___The plan is to arrive early enough to set up camp & then go to sleep so we can get up at susnet & stay up all night waiting for creatures to wander into camp where we will photograph & interview them.:confused:

___Weather is the big question now that might junk the project. If we get a cold wet March storm near our weekend then we won't be able to get into the area. Silver Star Mountain is just over 1300 feet & the roads leading in to it average 500 to 800 feet.

Ah, don't let the weather stop you, boys! The hairy sasquatch knows of the humans reluctance to adverse climatic conditions and chooses only to venture away from it's cave during such periods... they are smarter than one might think! :hyper:

Plus, you can track 'em better after it's rained because it really puts the stink on 'em. :confused:

"First Annual St. Patrick's Day Sasquatch Hunt on Silver Star Mountain"

is well underway..

It's gonna' be a HumDinger of a Pow-Wow! :shade: ;)

With Lots of Science Goin' On!!

;) :eight: :Crunk: :confused: :ebomb:

The Plan is to Lure IT to Us.

because Us to It has not worked in the past..

When ol' Sasquatchy gets a wiff of that propane burning Chile and open bottles, It will succumb like a puppy! :dog:

:hyper: :hyper: :) :Alien:

edit/new post!!

Ah, don't let the weather stop you, boys! The hairy sasquatch knows of the humans reluctance to adverse climatic conditions and chooses only to venture away from it's cave during such periods... they are smarter than one might think! :hyper:

Plus, you can track 'em better after it's rained because it really puts the stink on 'em. :ebomb:

___:shade: It's a matter of snow, not rain. Not only do I not want to get stuck in the snow or go over an edge off the road, the forest service issues closure advisories that we have to obey. Causing a call-out of the rescue people is not on my agenda, & if someone does it out of foolishness & disregard for the rules then tan pe.

___I am relying heavily on the many reports of Sasquatch visiting camps at night. While we may do some hiking to look for signs, I plan to lure the creatures into our camp at night with good natured music, laughter, & jocular discourse, then switch on the floodlights & capture their expressions on audio & video tape.:hyper: ;) :confused:

More Provisions have been Aquired :hyper: :Alien: :Crunk: :ebomb:

Getting the Mules ready to Saddle. :messenger

Weather is always an issue around here.

Unlike InfiniteNows suggestion, there could still be snow and washed out roads if the weather remains cold and wet....:singer:

HypoGenuflect for good weather :eight: :dog: ;) :hyper: :confused:>>>>>>>>> :) :circle: :shade:

Current conditions:

Temp. 42deg. F & dropping

Barometer 29.85 inches & dropping

Wind 12-15mph

Cloudy with rain increasing

Forecast: Blizzard Warning for Oregon & SW Washington Cascade Mountains

___Unusual but not rare said the weather forecaster, to have a storm like this in March. I thought I'd save the post to Weather Watching thread & put it here instead as weather is my predominant factor in the Sasquatch search & camp plan.

___Likewise, the Survival Wagon, which may or may not go with us, but I have in the last week worked up the ramp/bridge into a usable form & started work on poles to use as a pulling harness.

____This concludes this irregular broadcast.:naughty:

Forecast: Blizzard Warning for Oregon & SW Washington Cascade Mountains

___Unusual but not rare said the weather forecaster, to have a storm like this in March.

St Patty's is fast approaching. :hihi: :beer:

Weather has been schizophrenic. Snow, rain, wind, sun breaks :cup:

There is no way to predict these things.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Mules have been saddled up.

Strategy has been established.

mileage and caloric expediture calculated. :boy: :cup:

Again, Hypography members, please use your vast mental powers to help forge a favorable meteorological outcome...

:cup: :eek: :cup: :singer: :hihi: :eek: :cup: :( :omg: >>>>>>> :( :ip: :singer: :hihi: :singer: :star:

Well nows Sasquatch fans, this is the day for the big expedition.:hihi: But:doh: , circumstances have conspired so as to force Racoon & I to postpone the outing at the last minute.:eek: :shrug: :doh: :cup: :evil: :)

Among the circumstances, poor weather, lack of pot to p in, auto accident, forced move, & chores at home. Rest assured we plan to reschedule.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Turtle's Big Move is Wednesday, with most of the details already taken care of.

I am to assist my commrades; I am to be paid in Pizza! :)

hey! I WILL WORK FOR FOOD!

Once Turtle settles in at his new residence, and the weather turns for the better, we will again pursue the Object of this thread! :eek: :D :D ;)

Further Announcements sure to follow....