Science Forums

Sasquatch: New Expedition

Turtle

What kind of scat is pictured in post #42?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What kind of scat is pictured in post #42?

• Sasquatch
    • Black Bear
    • Cougar (aka Mountain Lion)
    • Coyote
    • Porcupine
    • Skunk
    • Human
    • Martin
    • Fox
    • Other - I have posted my explanation to the thread

___This deserves it own thread inasmuch as it is a sincere scientific endeavor. Here is the story so far:

___OK thens...time to kick it up a notch or two or three. I live no more than 20 leagues (a league is 3 statute miles) from Silver Star Mountain & inasmuch as it is a hotspot of sightings of Sasquatch, photographs of Sasquatch, & tumbling-down-a-hill-lost-hiker-photographer-trying-to-get-Sasquatch-pics-brought-out-rescue-squads guy

___Anyway, I'm puttin' together a little research expedition squad this month to go have a look see. Needing volunteers.

___Here is a tempting link to get you started:

http://www.bfro.net/news/silver_star_mountain.asp

Search World Wide Web for "Sasquatch Silver Star" for further ellucidation.

An authentic cryptozoological showdown! Turtle and Sasquatch in a game of Hide and Seek! Turtle is it. How high do you count before you begin searching? And in what base?

I have $5.00 on that Sasquatch eludes Turtle, but only because Turtle is invisible and therefore blind. Although I bet Turtle has a trick or two in his shell to fool even the most wiley of the Bigfoot.

Bill

___Countdown has begun; Racoon & I leave Sint Patrick's Day morn. (March 15 in base twelve).

___We shall look for footprints & other tracks, bits of fur, bits of poo, nests, chiiling screams, clear shots, & video footage. I shall disclose an exact time & location of departure when I think it up.

___We accept serious volunteers in the field only please, but desk-side crypto zoologists may suggest experiments here for us to conduct.

___We reserve exclusive rights to any and all audio, & video we make whether we fake it or not. As safety is a key issue, we require all participants to have firearm certification from the Dick's School of Shooting.

___More to come...

Searching....

hey i've been to dicks.

I wish I could go with you guys, But i'm busy Clap!

___Hahah! I make bad vp shooting joker. But...it's no joke, it's a test. If anyone shows up with that certificate I send them home. This is serious business & I intend no harm to any flora or fauna. I am going to observe & document.

___Hahaha! Besides physical instruments, I'm taking meta-physical instruments as well. Drum, flute, mouth harp, mathemagical box, & assorted Khua.

___Racoon has already added bird watching, and we have also astronomy, weather watching, & horticultural science to name a few subjects to include in the expedition.

___Interested parties posting to go will receive the secret sign, at the write time. Oh yeah, a metal detector is always fun.:hyper:

The little one and I always are on the lookout for the Sierra Sasquatch when we're up in the mountains, but mostly we just see lots of bears...not as cute and their claws are much bigger...

I've always loved that 8mm that your avatar is taken from Turtle: notice how he's walking away, turns to look and doesn't change pace: "Hmmph, stoopid Sierra Clubbers and their gol'dang noisy clanging aluminum cups...go home!"

Yetis-R-Us,

Buffy

Yetis-R-Us,

Buffy

___Definately bear here as well as cougar:eek: ; do come prepared. :friday: The Sasquatch (Sasquatches? Sasquatchae?:)) often have the reputation of startling and/or frightening people, however I have heard no relaible reports of them actually atacking humans. I take the view that their stone & pinecone throwing is playfull curiosity. so I intend to make my prescence known. (Good idea to avoid stumbling on a bear too).

___I encourage the mushroom eaters to work magically to promote a succesfull expedition by the technique of visualization.:friday:

___I have a portable PA with which to amplify the rythmic sounds of the bull-roarer, the khua, & the drum, etc.. We shall soothe the savage beast, lure it in, & then kick on the floodlights! Surprise!:friday: :friday: :friday: :friday: :phones: :friday: :hyper: :hyper: :friday: :lol:

___Definately bear here as well as cougar:eek: ; do come prepared. :Guns: The Sasquatch (Sasquatches? Sasquatchae?:shrug:) often have the reputation of startling and/or frightening people, however I have heard no relaible reports of them actually atacking humans. I take the view that their stone & pinecone throwing is playfull curiosity. so I intend to make my prescence known. (Good idea to avoid stumbling on a bear too).

___I encourage the mushroom eaters to work magically to promote a succesfull expedition by the technique of visualization.:eek2:

___I have a portable PA with which to amplify the rythmic sounds of the bull-roarer, the khua, & the drum, etc.. We shall soothe the savage beast, lure it in, & then kick on the floodlights! Surprise!:eek: :hihi: :lol: :lol: :hihi: :lol: :hihi: :hihi: :eek: :eek2:

I will Add Herb Hunting, and Rock Hounding to the list of To Do's on this Lewis and Clark'esque trek. I may need to purchase a new plant identification book.

I am organizing my Camp Gear as you read this!

For all the Remote Viewers and Astral Projectors, oh lend us your guidance.

As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, may I fear no Sasquatch. :eek2:

Necessary Rations:

> Teriyaki beef sticks, the high in Nitrates/Nitrites kind

> Cheesey Poofs

> Dead Guy Ale or equivalent

> Turkey Chili w/ garlic cloves

I have propane and propane stove already Turtle.

Is the Battle Wagon going to make her Maiden Voyage??

We are prepared for peaceful observation, and prepared for Conflict Resolution. :)

More to come...

Much More!

I will Add Herb Hunting, and Rock Hounding to the list of To Do's on this Lewis and Clark'esque trek. I may need to purchase a new plant identification book.

I am organizing my Camp Gear as you read this!

For all the Remote Viewers and Astral Projectors, oh lend us your guidance.

As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, may I fear no Sasquatch. :eek2:

Necessary Rations:

> Teriyaki beef sticks, the high in Nitrates/Nitrites kind

> Cheesey Poofs

> Dead Guy Ale or equivalent

> Turkey Chili w/ garlic cloves

I have propane and propane stove already Turtle.

Is the Battle Wagon going to make her Maiden Voyage??

We are prepared for peaceful observation, and prepared for Conflict Resolution. :eek2:

More to come...

Much More!

___As to Red, yes minerals & herbs; possibly seeds as well. We must secure a free permit to remove any forest products. I plan to visit the office next week & find out the particulars. The link I gave above for Gifford Pichot outlines our rights & responsibilities within National Forrest Boundaries.

___The wagon is ready, but unless we go in a pick-em-up truck I have no secure rack on my vehicle for it (in a real emergency I will tie it on like Beverly Hillbillys!:eek2: ) I figure just to take what I need from it & load it in the trunk as it's just a couple day camp.

___I have my maps out & found that some of my old mining claims are less than 10 miles from the area we're going, but the roads coming up from the South (the way we're going) don't connect with those coming in from the North (there are trails connecting, but no driveable roads). This area is rich in geology! I love rocks!

___I think we better take some plaster mix in case we find footprints;

___Due to the secret nature of this expedition, I ask those of you following along to keep it secret; we don't want a crowd of hundreds flocking up there all at once.:shrug:

___Back to the maps then!:Guns:

Pick-em up truck is sitting in the driveway.

Toyota V6 w/ Canopy - As an option.........:eek2:

I am close to the Fish and Wildlife office.

Next to a certain person's place of employment...:shrug:

Could I get a permit there??

I don't think they would let you take home a nice fern would you?

Thats only during the Down Time that is to be expected, as we chase away unwittingly, the Sasquatch in which we are trying to observe..

I only hope Mt. St. Helens doesn't blow up on us! :eek2: :eek2:

Provisions are being sought....

Much More to come...

Much Much Much More!! :Guns:

Pick-em up truck is sitting in the driveway.

Toyota V6 w/ Canopy - As an option.........:eek2:

Wagon too tall for canopy; but truck still an option; will share gas.

I am close to the Fish and Wildlife office.

Could I get a permit there??

Yes; that's the place.

I don't think they would let you take home a nice fern would you?

Maybe; ask at office what our limits be.

I only hope Mt. St. Helens doesn't blow up on us! :eek2: :Guns:

Why the hell not? Great pictures, recordings, reports, stories, we get from unique perspective. You can tape me screaming 'we'll be famous like Pompeii' as the ash buries me (us:shrug: )

Provisions are being sought....

Me too; currently making some jerky from leftover beef.

Much More to come...

Much Much Much More!! :hihi:

Much much...:eek2:

I always enjoy the tanquility of being up in a tree. I have built two treehouses, and think that they would be ideal for Sasquatch Spotting. They may not be expecting someone to be in a tree looking down.

Bill

___Ahhhhh....up the trees! I haven't been up a tree with a camera in many a year. Have you seen these self-climbing tree stands hunters have now? Now those are kewl!!! If I climb a tree with my camera I certainly will post the image if I survive it.:hihi: On an interesting scientific note, just a few miles NE of our intended target is a sky-crane in the canopy of a stand of old-growth forest. I'll find the link in a sec.

___Wow! The first link describes the canopy crane project & the second is a live camera on the crane that you can control! Check out Sasquatch country.

http://depts.washington.edu/wrccrf/

http://depts.washington.edu/wrccrf/cranecam/cranecam-1.html

___What I really need is a FLIR camera; anyone got a loaner? I hear it's only $5,000 an hour to hire a FLIR equipped chopper for a nightime aerial excursion.

___Maps cross referenced; route solidifying. Weather is a big question this far out.

Cheers,

Turtler

___Wow! The first link describes the canopy crane project & the second is a live camera on the crane that you can control! Check out Sasquatch country.

http://depts.washington.edu/wrccrf/

http://depts.washington.edu/wrccrf/cranecam/cranecam-1.html

___What I really need is a FLIR camera; anyone got a loaner? Weather is a big question this far out.

Cheers,

Turtler

SaWeeeet! I worked the Crane Cam!! haha

We'll send everyone post cards; If'n you can't make it that is.

so far the Expedition is 3 strong...

Good Idea by BigDog to get Tree view! BigDogFoot...

I'd love one of those hunter whatchamacallits.. for birdWatching.

When we're the first to get Bigfoot, everyone at Hypography will get an advanced copy of Our Book! :hihi:

___Woke up with bad attitude on trip; thinking f__k that monkey man, it's cold up there!

___Had some coffee & cigs now, so I'm thinking f__k that monkey it's cold HERE!

___Must go to town today so MAYBE I'll go by forest office. If I do, I'm teelin those crazy bastards I need a permit to take sasquatch hair home in my car! Poor overworked bastards need a good laugh!

___Well... half-assed expedition still underway...:hihi:

I'm teelin those crazy bastards I need a permit to take sasquatch hair home in my car!
This is not a joke, hunting Sasquatches out of season even *with* a permit is a *very* serious offence young man! :hihi:

Channelling Mr. Plod,

Buffy

Well, minor setback.

F & W couldn't get us the permits we were seeking; redirected to another office across town.

Still plenty of time to make appropriations and adjustments

Talked to them about introducing a Sasquatch insemenation and captive breeding program!

:hihi: :hihi: