Science Forums

My ugly mug

GAHD

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beer or BeAr???

Yes, thread is getting weird, but that's only fitting here. Tormod, show your wife how to change hers too. Have her take pics and post them, or just give us something besides that goofy blonde chic.

As for why I introduced Em here, the thread seemed fitting, as the description says "let's talk forum pics, and why we chose them." It seemed the most logical place to explain who she is and why she's there. Of course, i'm getting ready to change it. My second youngest baby is getting a little upset that SHE's not being featured on the internet. So I'm doing the stuff to the pic now and should get it changed very soon.

And in case I didn't mention it before, thanks, Tormod, for making it so easy. Unc, if you're still having problems, e-mail your pic to Tormod and have him do it for you. The old bald guy is just not the picture I have in my head for you. I'm guessing you look NOTHING like that?

Why do we, should we, ... use real picts as avitars? Remember there are significantly more lurkers than members and especially than active posters.

An advantage to the original available assortment selections was they forced you to condense what you want it to say about yourself. You have one first impression for many visitors. Why should they read what you have posted? What insights can you provide to help them understand your POV in conjunction with what they are about to read?

I am not arguing against displaying personal picts. perhaps it is best accomplished on a section of the site specifically for that. You know, I bet Tormod could whip up a file upload/ posting area perhaps one related to specific member links. And it could include security by blocking access to non-members. Perhaps more would log in just to access addition bio? Or to share data that way?

But just as I feel that my "nic" conveys more initial info than my real name would, I want my avitar to provide info my smiling face would not.

Wow, FreeT, I had no idea that so much thought went into picking an avitar...

Are the pics supposed to get other people to read our posts? I had no idea that those little squares were supposed to convery so much about me, or about you guys. I didn't realize it was for other people, I just thought it was for me to be able to express how I was feeling at any given time. Some times I feel like that green-haired thing. Sometimes I feel like a beautiful sunflower. Sometimes I feel like a mom. Lately I've been more into showing off what the *real* Irish eyes look like, that's why I shared the pix of my wee ones.

If we had the chance to have our own section to display pics that help identify who we are, and enlighten others about us, that would be great. But if not, I don't mind changing the avatar as often as necessary to express what *I* am feeling, regardless of how it may look to others. That's just my 2 cents....

I think I'll keep my blonde pic. If, and only if, Tormod can come up with a presentable pic of me, maybe I'll agree to change. My pic is perfect for me. Sorry Irish. Unless I mail you some pictures you'll have to wait till next spring. Maybe I'm just crazy but somehow I hardly read anything into the avitars, I only get interested when they change....

Originally posted by: Yvonne

Maybe I'm just crazy

Family matters forbid me from commenting...

but somehow I hardly read anything into the avitars, I only get interested when they change....

Don't worry, yours will change, too. I heard a gremlin whisper that he had found some really interesting pics of you in the basement.

Originally posted by: Tormod

FT is saying that his pic but make all our lurkers and members run away scared.

Not sure what the "but" was supposed to be/ mean?

But if I "assume"... (might, could, does,...) I was more concerned about the results of Unc or Irish posting theirs! :-)

Or perhaps what you meant to post was

FT is saying that (a) pic (of his) butt (would) make all our lurkers and members run away scared.

Hey it might increase the sites activity!

Originally posted by: Freethinker

Originally posted by: Tormod

FT is saying that his pic but make all our lurkers and members run away scared.

Not sure what the "but" was supposed to be/ mean?

But if I "assume"... (might, could, does,...) I was more concerned about the results of Unc or Irish posting theirs! :-)

Hm...I wrote that on my Mac so I suspect that the typo was in fact put there by a nasty (and very secret) Unix virus known as the "PuDessemI".

Or perhaps what you meant to post was

FT is saying that (a) pic (of his) butt (would) make all our lurkers and members run away scared.

Hey it might increase the sites activity!

It might even solve all our financial problems! At least we wouldn't have to pay hosting fees any more!

i noticed that alot of people on the forums have the same picture face as i do, but then again i didn't choose it, it chose itself for me but that's fine, i like it looking completely different than i do, i wonder what you all think i look like just from your own projectioningafter having readsome ofmy post.

i'd like to hear comments on what others think i look like, it'd probably be pretty interesting and funny at the same time.