Science Forums

My ugly mug

GAHD

Originally posted by: Tormod

All your ploys always fail miserably, pal, so why not just give it up and concentrate on your cigar collection?

That is cigar BAND collection. I'm not into that Bill Clinton thing. Very unusual here in the States, but a popular hobby in Europe. Actually, the Europeans create bands for collectors only, they are never put on a cigar. You know how those Europeans are.

Uploading a new image is EASY, especially with IE. Just make sure it's not larger than 100x100 pixels in 72dpi (use a graphics program) and not larger than 25K. Or send it to me and I'll "fix it" for you (I'll help you put in that lobotomy scar).

The pic I tried is only 80 by 90 pixels and 8 kb, I'll check the "72dpi", not sure of that. No need to enhance the lobotomy scar, My forehead has grown recently, the scar is as obvious in my picture as it is implied by my posts.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by: Tormod

He *planned* for it? Gee. You Canadians...

Tormod

Initially, he only wanted me to have 3 names, but my mom didn't like 'Oliver' as a name, even a middle one.... Most Canadians arn't like that, though we do tend to be long-winded with names...My best friend's initials are something like K.M.W.N.*.*.B.; * indicating ones I can't remember. HEll I might even have mixed up W and N, his name's a mouthfull.

Originally posted by: Freethinker

No, not "better"....SH asserts that there IS a mroal code which can be derived through logical and reasoned approaches. That some actions do how themselves to be better, based on HUMAN society (Thus "Humanists"). However the specific case can have different moral actions as the m[o]st positive.

So yes, we do assert that there are better reactions (morals) to specific issues as there are less benefitial ones. Not all are equal. And we

To each their own...

Just for clarification, both the above mentioed Soufi would likely beleive their own choice 'better' they just respect the other's choice as well. LOL, they'd probably learn a few interesting lessons interacting come to think of it...

"And we"......?

• 3 weeks later...

Originally posted by: IrishEyes

It's fromt he front of your bike, right? What kind of bike, and what is the location. You don't have to be specific, a simple "That's my backyard" will do.

With the world as my backyard, yes it is! :-)

However No, it is NOT a shot from my bike. It is a shot from my cycle. I could never peddle my bike that fast! :-) If you can make out the details, the speedo shows 60mph. And not from the front, but from the middle! So imagine I'm going 60mph in my backyard! OK, it's not my actual backyard. I could not accelerate that fast. And if I did, not decelerate in time! Perhaps if I had one of those metal cages cycles ride in ciruses?

It was a pict from a personal cruise I took a few years ago on a nice fall day. One of my typical "what's down this road?" tours. The tree lined country road spreading out in front of the bike. Cheap digital camera in one hand. Cycle in the other! Yes one handed at 60mph trying to compose a pict and keep going straight and not drop the camera. I had just finished a post on Sat and was about to head out on a ride. So I got the bug to change my avitar to reflect my mood at the time.

The cycle is like me, a collectors item! It is a '74 CB350. And also like me it starts right up every time it gets mounted.

Nice switch from the "cancer ribbon" though... ;>P

Ya I like change. But perhaps you should stick with the "big blooming idiot" one? }:-)

Ya I like change. But perhaps you should stick with the "big blooming idiot" one? }:-)

As much as I'm sure you think it's fitting, I plan on changing it soon. I've got an awesome flower pic that I took at the National Botanical Garden last week. I thought of adding one of my family in front of the Washington Monument, but I thought that large white object would garner too many jealous remarks from you, so I changed my mind! :>)

Originally posted by: Uncle Martin

Originally posted by: Freethinker

I am never jealous of OTHER large white objects sticking up in the air.

At his age, I assume this is in reference to a bad hair day.

After some hard thinking (right) I figured he is talking about his middle finger.

Ok, to bring this topic back on track...

Has everyone seen my new avatar? Well, you have now, right? I said I was going to start postng pics of my lil' ones, and I started this weekend. I just wanted to show you all what a true pair of Irish Eyes looks like. This is my wee one, the smallest lass of the lot, and she's a total Momma's girl, if you can believe that! She is the only one of the six with her Daddy's blue eyes, and women around the world regularly spend hundreds of $$$ to get the equivalent of her natural highlights.

She is 2 in this pic, and she is still just as beautiful today. Anyhow, this is MY Emile, and i wanted to share her with you guys for a short bit. If you notice the fuzziness of the pic, hopefully you will understand that while I wanted you to be able to see her, I just felt odd about posting a crystal clear shot of her. So please no comments about the pic quality, as it was intentional.