Science Forums

Anybody tried Gmail yet?

IrishEyes

Got an invite to try Gmail this morning. Have checked it out, created my account, and will be updating e-mail info here soon. I like the gig thing, having things filed as conversations, and being able to search easier. If anyone else has tried it, I'd like to hear what you think. It sure the heck beats sticking with the Evil Empire for my all-but-personal e-mail server.

I have roughly a dozen e-ddresses. All but a few at Yahoo are run off of my own server. I seldom check the Yahoo ones. I use them to hide behind when required to give an e-ddress at some site I don't want to hear from again. I can have as many gigs of storage as I would like. I use Calypso as my e-client. It has excellent filtering and multi account capabilties and does not require me to be logged into some web site to function.

But maybe I'll open a gmail acct just to have one.

Roughly a dozen? Yeah, that sounds like me. One for home stuff, the generic hotmail one, one just for ebay, two other hotmails, three at yahoo, etc.

i do the exact same thing.

i think you can only do Gmail by invite right now. it's still in it's testing stages evidently. let me know if you guys want to try it and i'll see if i can invite you.

Between my son and I we own almost a dozen domains. Most have some level of web presence and we host here. I have some with multiple e-dresses and some without any. But I only have Yahoo one's outside of our owned domains right now (that I remember!).

Well perhaps I should try and lock up a version of my yahoo mail one?

GODJr_2000.

A little pre Y2k, 2nd coming humor.

Guess I should bring myself into the 21st Century?

YAHOO.....FINALLY GOT THOSE ADMIN PRIVVIES FIXED (GOTCHA FREET) >>>>>IRISHEYES

Originally posted by: Freethinker

GODJr_2000.

A little pre Y2k, 2nd coming humor.

Guess I should bring myself into the 21st Century?

Couldn't resist this one...my first daughter was born on Christmas Eve, 2000. Her name is Jenny. How's that for a millenium start?

YAHOO.....FINALLY GOT THOSE ADMIN PRIVVIES FIXED (GOTCHA FREET) >>>>>IRISHEYES

Oops, I better stay on topic from now on.

Tormod

I would like to try gmail but haven't been invited. Suggestions?

lindagarrette, As soon as i get the opportunity, I'll invite you. From what I understand, they are letting members invite new people on a fairly regular basis. Just make sure your e-mail address listed here at Hypography is up-to-date.

Oops, I better stay on topic from now on. .. Tormod

Hahahahaha...Tormod giveth, and Tormod taketh away, I'll stay in line, I know where my bread is buttered in this forum!

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...