19 replies to this topic

#1 brigade

brigade

Curious

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:43 AM

How is the "replying power" increased?Are the reputation points having a role in it?
  • Michaelangelica likes this

#2 Tormod

Tormod

Hypographer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14353 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:08 AM

What is "replying power"?

#3 Tormod

Tormod

Hypographer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14353 posts

Posted 26 January 2006 - 09:09 AM

Ah...you mean the "Rep power"? That stands for "reputation power" and IIRC it is the amount of rep points you add to someone's reputation score when you give them good reputation.

#4 Pyrotex

Pyrotex

Slaying Bad Memes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5702 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 03:51 PM

Ah...you mean the "Rep power"? That stands for "reputation power" and IIRC it is the amount of rep points you add to someone's reputation score when you give them good reputation.

Okay, that answers ONE of my questions. The more I give to others, the more my score increases.
Now, what about that row of two-toned gray boxes that appear under the "Rep Power"? Where does THAT come from, pray tell?
:surprise:

#5 Jay-qu

Jay-qu

Ancora Imparo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6340 posts

Posted 30 January 2006 - 04:37 PM

The boxes show how much reputation points you have been given from other users. you can see any recent rep added to you in the user CP under the subscribed threads :surprise:

#6 Tormod

Tormod

Hypographer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14353 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 06:42 AM

And to be honest I am not sure why there are two different colors....pale blue and dark blue.

#7 Pyrotex

Pyrotex

Slaying Bad Memes

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5702 posts

Posted 31 January 2006 - 11:53 AM

And to be honest I am not sure why there are two different colors....pale blue and dark blue.

Ahhh...we are always approaching the Truth but we can never touch it with our own hands! Yes! The reason for the two colors is just one of those unsolved Mysteries of Nature, like singing rocks and talking trees.

#8 Tormod

Tormod

Hypographer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14353 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 08:31 AM

:hihi: It must be by design.

#9 IrishEyes

IrishEyes

Reminiscing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2710 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 08:39 AM

:hihi: It must be by design.

yeah...our wondrous Master Killian's design, I'm guessing... :lol:

#10 ronthepon

ronthepon

An Intern!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2132 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 02:59 AM

I see how we get more rep points. But how do we get more rep power?

If they are directly proportional, then I tink that all high posts numbered persons are a part complex and elaborate plot to confuse us tiny posters

#11 Jay-qu

Jay-qu

Ancora Imparo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6340 posts

Posted 06 May 2006 - 04:31 AM

50 posts = 1 rep power point and I think it also goes the same for your rep points.

#12 ronthepon

ronthepon

An Intern!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2132 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 04:09 AM

50 posts = 1 rep power point and I think it also goes the same for your rep points.

But some exceptions i've been seeing to this...
Take your own rep power. It should be around 30 now, but its 80.
:confused:

#13 Jay-qu

Jay-qu

Ancora Imparo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6340 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 04:59 AM

sorry that I am not making this clear enough - you also have rep points, you get these from other members that like what you post, your virtual reputation. These points also contribute to your rep power at 50rep points to one power point.

#14 Tormod

Tormod

Hypographer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14353 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 01:26 PM

In addition, moderators and admins have different rep levels than regular users.

#15 GAHD

GAHD

Eldritch Horror

• Administrators
  • 2669 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 05:29 PM

By "different" Tormod means nerfed. :) Us admins are limited to 25 rep power, period. You also get rep power by giving rep, not receiving it (I think), receiving only affects the number and color of your boxes. Oh yeah, and the 2 tones: white=relatively neutral, blue=a lot of good rep, red= a lot of bad rep.

#16 Turtle

Turtle

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15452 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 05:33 PM

and by "different" Tormod means nerfed. :) Us admins are limited to 25 rep power, period. You also get rep power by giving rep, not receiving it (I think), receiving only affects the number and color of your boxes.

However, admins dont have to wait to 'spread rep around'. The Blue boxes stop at 11, but Rep Power keeps going up. (The shade of Blue seems to have no bearing, i.e. light-blue doesn't change to dark-blue).
I didn't know about getting-for-giving? Have you checked that? Does giving neg-rep then drop your rep for giving it?
Representivingly,
Turtle

#17 TheBigDog

TheBigDog

Doing the Impossible

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4095 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 05:49 PM

I think that giving only helps your karma. Rep stays steady when you give - good or bad.

Bill