Science Forums

Vacation!

Tormod

Our WYSIWYG editor, which everyone can try out at their member page - http://www.hypography.com/member.cfm (click "new article", for example) works with IE, NS 7.1, Mozilla 1.4+, Firefox...but sadly NOT Opera. I am not sure why, but I think it will be solved in a future version.

I chose that particular WYSIWYG editor because it worked with other browser than IE. It is produced by a Romanian company called Interakt, at http://www.interakt.ro (so there you go, FT - I *am* trying to avoid IE only solutions).

Tormod

The old tutorial for the previous publishing solution was in Word format. I want to make the new tutorial web-based, with flash movies. Does anyone know about a good program for this? Anyone tried RoboDemo from Macromedia? http://www.macromedia.com/software/robodemo/ It's a bit above my budget for this but perhaps someone knows about similar programs?

I think it would be a boon for Hypography if more people could participate in the content creation outside of the forums.

Tormod

Originally posted by: Freethinker

e.g. In Opera, a right button click over a link brings up a window with "Open in new tab" as top of the list while "Open in new Window" is top of the Mozilla list.

If you have a 3+ button mouse, pressing the 'middle' button automatically opens the link in a new tab in mozilla firebird 0.7, FYI.

Originally posted by: GAHD

If you have a 3+ button mouse, pressing the 'middle' button automatically opens the link in a new tab in mozilla firebird 0.7, FYI.

Hey, neat. I did not know that. I have a wheel mouse that is a middle button and it works as you describe. I will be using that.

Tormod said...

The old tutorial for the previous publishing solution was in Word format. I want to make the new tutorial web-based, with flash movies. Does anyone know about a good program for this? Anyone tried RoboDemo from Macromedia? http://www.macromedia.com/software/robodemo/ It's a bit above my budget for this but perhaps someone knows about similar programs?

I think it would be a boon for Hypography if more people could participate in the content creation outside of the forums.

I'm going to forward this question on to my husband. He usually has all sorts of ideas. i'll let you know what he says. Honestly, he's been thinking about joining this forum, but is worried that he'll become as involved as i am. he sees how into some of the discussions i get, and is worried that he'll want to be checking the posts every few hours. i did catch him reading some of the math/physics and books/software stuff earlier.

Originally posted by: IrishEyes

I'm going to forward this question on to my husband. He usually has all sorts of ideas. i'll let you know what he says. Honestly, he's been thinking about joining this forum, but is worried that he'll become as involved as i am. he sees how into some of the discussions i get, and is worried that he'll want to be checking the posts every few hours. i did catch him reading some of the math/physics and books/software stuff earlier.

What! No! No hubbies here! We want you on our own!

Tormod

You guys are such goofs!!

My husband knows more about me than I do sometimes. I doubt he'll join, but he does enjoy hearing about you guys. Of course, he's not that thrilled that i mentioned running off to Europe to meet up with you yahooligans some day...lol!!

As for me censoring anything...Keep dreaming, FreeT!!!

lol, I don't think Irish would censor much more than she allready does.. 'sides she allready said her hubby peruses the forums.

ooh, and you're welcolm FreeT.

NO NO Stop teaching stuff to FT, he might actually learn something and then who knows how cocky he'll become!!!

Tormod

I know how to MODERATE messages. is that a good start? lol! FreeThinker

Originally posted by: Tormod

lol, I don't think Irish would censor much more than she allready does.. 'sides she allready said her hubby peruses the forums.

ooh, and you're welcolm FreeT.

NO NO Stop teaching stuff to FT, he might actually learn something and then who knows how cocky he'll become!!!

Tormod

I know how to MODERATE messages. is that a good start? lol! FreeThinker

That is a point, but then again if his electronics degree doesn't let him understand what went on in that big-ole tesla coil, I'm not too worried .

That is a point, but then again if his electronics degree doesn't let him understand what went on in that big-ole tesla coil, I'm not too worried .

Ooooh...you're on thin ice NOW GAHD!!!

FT doesn't understand the first thing about the Internet (he actually has to ask his boys to come over and boot up his computer) but he is a big fan of Microsoft Encarta and that's where he gets all his information from. So he will just write something like "now I'm confused" or something to make it appear that he follows your reasoning but doesn't want to take part in the discussion.

Careful...when he gets confused he is prone to ban people!!! (When in doubt, kick someone out).

Tormod