Science Forums

That gravity experiment.

arkain101

Alright well I am at a loss as to how to explain the results in this experiment.

It is very simple.

Fill a large cylender half water. Then Gently poor in olive oil or some kind of cooking oil. Cool things down. When everything is settled drop blobs of water gently onto the surface of the oil. Make sure it is cold water to have longer results.

What happens is the water will sink then sit between the oil and water. Then for a reason I cant comprehend unless it is gravitiy itself. The water bubbles begin to migrate toward eachother to which ever blob is closest to. The blobs of water have no preference as to being near the center or the outside of the container as far as I can tell. The blobs often times squish together when they meet, strongly, and deform themselves and often join together as a larger blob. The larger the blob the greater the effect of attraction.

As for an idea on the universe I posted before.

In space matter can be said to displace "room". The more dense objects are the less "space" that exists in the matter and the greater the gravitational pull.

In a situation like an atom, there is virtually zero space between parts of the nucleus and here is where one of the strongest pulling forces is in nature.

This type of theory unifies Gravity, weak force, and strong atomic force by considering the density of matter displacing space-time.

it can be imagined that matter is really just a billion trillion little bubbles that take up room in space when you consider space somthing and matter nothing. As if you give matter a - and space a + where realistically space- is "nothing" matter+ is somthing. The bigger the solid bubble or the closer the bubbles are the greater they want to stay that way. A somewhat relative example of this is on earth we are under quite alot of atmospheric pressure and we basically have no realization of this because we've adapted to these circumstances. But at the same time could it be that we are under the pressure of space (if it was a confined volume) and likewise be unaware that the reason we are held together is because displacement creates attraction?.

Black holes are as I know small.. very dense and no or energy is known to be able to escape. What if, the attraction force is so great it transforms matter. It compacts it so strongly that each and every atom has united as a solid object. So dense that the atoms are no longer capable of creating light the electrons and nucleus are fused with the neighbours and cant even "heat" up because theres no room to vibrate.

Then it would not be that energy can not escape, but light! is never made or emiited in the first place or capable of being reflected. If the matter is unified in a different and unknown state and can not indiviually act as individual atoms then light energy would literally just join in.

Stars are born near black holes, this dense matter of black hole could it be that (not sure how) this unifed matter is somehow expelled (possible through the poles) from the intensely massive gravity and as it leaves it expands and becomes essential star dust matter? a fundemental atom.

Point of this post...

What in the world causes these water droplets in the experiment want to have attraction? they must be under some kind of pressure when it it apparently seems to be pushing away on the water and oil without soaking into either ones surface tension.?

right right..

Ive had results of minor attraction at 4inches apart with blobs of water 1/2 of a cm in diameter. I had put some calogne in the mix at one time and eventually a bit of a very thin oily blanket ended up laying down on the water. So when I dropped these water bubbles they would sit between the oil and water and slowly begine to move toward eachother over a time of 30 seconds or so. This thin oily blanket made the motion of the main water source quite visible, it showed the blobs pushing the water as they slowly moved along so You could see that even at a very large distance apart it didnt even look like they were moving together but the oily blanket displayed clearly that they infact were by pushing the blanket around creating visible liquid current (like a boat goin through the water.)

That makes sense of it being polar atraction but the distance this force was impressive.

Don't forget that the forces don't have to be much, since there are no other forces acting on the water. It might be worth adding a reference of some form, so you can determine if the large blobs move faster, slower, or at the same rate as the smaller blobs.

Electrostatics is a 1/r^2 relationship, and you should be able to see this if you take a video then time the interactions and movements.