Science Forums

New Buddha in Nepal

Kizzi

Again. "Bhudda" is not a noun; it is a transitive verb. Get out a dictionary & learn the difference. I am bhudda; you be bhudda too.

Sorry to be a grammar nazi, :cup: but are you sure you actually mean verb? A verb is a "doing" word, and a transitive verb is one that requires a direct object, as in "did you hit the target" -- hit being the verb, and the target being the object. An intransitive verb is one like "walk" -- as in, "I like to walk" -- you don't need to do it to anything.

In the sentence "I am bhudda; you be bhudda too" the verbs are "am" and "be." Buddha is a noun -- it is something you are.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to be a grammar nazi, :cup: but are you sure you actually mean verb? A verb is a "doing" word, and a transitive verb is one that requires a direct object, as in "did you hit the target" -- hit being the verb, and the target being the object. An intransitive verb is one like "walk" -- as in, "I like to walk" -- you don't need to do it to anything.

In the sentence "I am bhudda; you be bhudda too" the verbs are "am" and "be." Buddha is a noun -- it is something you are.

In other words, you are not Buddha.

From what information tells me.

The buddha was a normal person who had a calling to learn more and not just go through life as if he was walking through a thick jungle, rather this prince decided I need to find an easy way through this jungle and find out why I am trecking through it in the first place.

He devoted life to this cause and became enlightened about life. There is proof that people can channel or transmit information from other existing minds in the cosmos, be it the creator or fragment beings. So through his meditation and pondering he found valuable things and he shared this with others. Others could not help but find truth and positivity out of everything he shared and so he became looked up to and eventually becoming worshipped, where as my personal opinion would tell me that, that was never his intention.

Being a leader is to be one who is looked to in situations. The ones who are greatest leaders are ones who usually dont ask for it in the first place and lead quietly, not stating the sense that, I am a leader.

Again. "Bhudda" is not a noun; it is a transitive verb. Get out a dictionary & learn the difference. I am bhudda; you be bhudda too.

yeah, we may name ourselves Buddha, even to our dogs. But you just simply don't understand behind the race. (Buddha is a race.) Gotama was a person of Buddha race. Just learn the history of Buddhism.

Analogy:

German is a race.

you can name yourself 'German'.

you aren't a German (necessarily).

That's why gramartically, we usually call Him "a Buddha" or "the Buddha". (not "Buddha")

We may misunderstand each other. metta

This whole discussion is starting to annoy me. Buddha, the person lived so long ago and is so removed from our direct experience, and we know even less about him than we do about Jesus, that you are just projecting false attributes onto him. You are deifying him, even though that is part of the ignorance that he was trying to turn humans against. You are using the name "Buddha" to support your own beliefsand fantasies. Sorry if this sounds rude, but it is just my opinion.

This whole discussion is starting to annoy me. Buddha, the person lived so long ago and is so removed from our direct experience, and we know even less about him than we do about Jesus, that you are just projecting false attributes onto him. You are deifying him, even though that is part of the ignorance that he was trying to turn humans against. You are using the name "Buddha" to support your own beliefsand fantasies. Sorry if this sounds rude, but it is just my opinion.

Welcome Aumsonata. You can freely discuss here with some respect.:cup: He chose His way, we can also choose our own ways. Yes, we are....no influnce......Be ourselves.........

Listen to Buddha Cd of Blink 182

Rude? Not really.. a bit confusing though yes. I am not sure what you are refering to or directing anything you said towards.

Buddha, the person lived so long ago and is so removed from our direct experience

Sure, I agree he did live a long time ago, but, the majority of human race has not mentally evolved or consciousness wise in the entire time humanity has been here and I mean this at the basics level. I dont know much about this buddha, but I have read some of his teachings and get it. There is alot of information out there that to me seems to hold keys to changing your life and changing the world, but its as if its a water drop in a pond when you come across it, it is so easy to go right passed it.

you are deifying him, even though that is part of the ignorance that he was trying to turn humans against.

Yah, this is kind of a inevitable thing, when trying to understand stuff others left behind, it leaves for a bit of guess work sometimes, but, what we can do is try our best, and if what we get out of it follows with the easily understood basics - like, benifit one and all, does not have the intention to conform anyone in anyway - then it is good enough and can be lived by.

This problem of defying a "religion" per say, is a real biggy, and really there is very few who arent guilty for it. Religions in regular levels of concsiousness of people has them thinking so proudly about what they live by that they fight for it and so on and so forth problems arise from it. Recently people are starting to get it, I mean, they are understanding it is not the details in religions that are important, the word or the way is the same thing in any religion. It is to help people get life, wake up, morals..etc, but it will take awhile for people to really get it and that any conflicts that arise from religion is a defying of the entire purpose of it (damn I wish I had a better vocabulary).

Although I have been seeing some religions starting to put it together and there was a tv show about it that I saw.. people so proud about their religion, starting to understand that is not an excuse to create a sigle negetive thing about it and they are trying to show how much the same they are, sort of uniting them.

anyway, my mind is a litle bothered right now, but hopefully you see what I mean.

There is on this earth wisdom, knowledge, whatever you want to call it that is accessable for anyone that can teach you to wake yourself up, and really help you to understand this entire purpose of the mystery. I swear by all that I am this is true and is more or less the purpose of your existance, and I by no means say this to preach, I only try to intrigue others to open their mind and do my best not to disturb their own opinions sort of. It probably sounds unbeleiveable, knowing the purpose to life, but for an example, when you find yourself wondering, hey what is the purpose to my life, what is my calling!? What this is, is your purpose trying to connect to you. As we know all things start from thinking about it. What really gave you the idea to question it? a feeling.. something you saw? something made a connection to you and then you began to think about it. This is step a to understanding purpose..and leading to igniting your innerself. This isnt a bunch of crazy talk, I can give some scientific proof behind and some experiements for you to try to prove much of this, if you happened to read this far and are interested I can share them.

• 2 weeks later...