Science Forums

Your Lost Island Book

Tormod

If you were stranded on a lost island...which book would you miss the most?

Feel free to list several, but highlight your ultimate choice.

For me, I think it would be the collected works of William Shakespeare...but after reading Hamlet for the nth time I'd probably feel that northwestern wind... :evil:

I have whittled my personal library down from hundreds of volumes to just 16 books. Of those I have an old (circa 1950's) everything in one handbook which has farming, cooking, tool use, etc. I would miss that one the most for practicality. For pleasure, I think I'd have to go with the Advanced College Algebra text; go figure. :evil:

• 2 months later...

But then...

Now I'll take along the "Tao of Jeet Kun Do" :) by the actor known as Bruce Lee.

Fight off enemies on a deserted island!

At least I can get in touch with my inner self

If I were fighting off enemies on a deserted island, I think I'd prefer a much thicker book than the TJKD... you know, one which I could use to drop on their head from above and knock them out. :eek2: Preferably one with a few thousand pages and a hard cover...

If I were fighting off enemies on a deserted island...

Maybe I forgot what this word means, but if you were on one of those types of islands, what kind of enemies would be around to fight?

I'll go with "Illusions; The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah", or "Jonathon Livingston Seagull" (both by Bach). Both are pretty quick reads if you just wanna finish. But then again, if you really want to read them, both could take you years to get through.