Science Forums

For those who like to argue...

Tarantism

Maybe the problem with the violent image of these dealers that your describing is that marijuana is so easy to grow and sell. It doesn't take any specialized equipment to grow, harvest, process, or sell marijuana. On the other hand, it takes a lot of hard work, in dangerous conditions to obtain and process cocaine. Additionally, the climate for it's production is more suited to a central/south american climate thus leading to distribution problems for the "lords". Thus with all this extra "expense" in creating it they have a much bigger interest in the protection of their production and distribution chains.

Simple economics from a physicist. ;-)

___As best as I can rememberI have smoked the evil weed for better than 40 years & grown it only occasionally. While I began smoking in adulthood at the behest of others, I continued because of its effect of relieving my high anxiety. Now diagnosed with Aspergers (not even recognized as a disorder until 1996 or so) I find they are treating children who have autism with marinol, which is a marijuana distillate as I understand it.

___Marijuana is clearly shown to have medicinal properties & I understand the brain even has receptors for some of the active ingredients. It does not appear to affect me as it does others i.e. I don't get the munchies, giggle, go into a daze, or get cotton-mouth. It allows me to focus & 'appear' & function the way 'normal' people do.

___I suppose I could get a card & grow it as I live in Washington State, but doctor visits put me into considerable unrest, medicated or not. I rely on a few friendly caring growers who bring me their 'wares'.

___I certainly think it needs decriminalization. I note that I always tell the doctors that I smoke, they duly write it in my record & not one has ever made further comment pro or con. Go figure. :QuestionM

Resin has acquired various different names some due to the strength, like Skunk, others due to peoples preferences. Most common names are Blow, Wacky Backy, Ganja, Dope, Hash or Hashish, Grass, Pot and many more.

thanks for all the info, but i do believe that blow is used as an alias for cocaine. :evil:

I certainly think it needs decriminalization. I note that I always tell the doctors that I smoke, they duly write it in my record & not one has ever made further comment pro or con. Go figure. :evil:

haha i tell my docters the same thing, and one even said that it is not nessesarily as bad as most people make it out to be. i don tknow if he himself is a smoker (and im not talking abou tabacco :eek:) but i know that if my physician said that to me im not worried about it ending my life anytime soon.

the way i see it, just about everything that you do has positive and negitive effects, so each person should choose wheather or not its for them, by themselves. ha! too bad that in the united states of america its illigal to legislate your own morality. ha! :eek:

ha! too bad that in the united states of america its illigal to legislate your own morality. ha! :)

haha. nice quote from phish.;)

ah, well here's the way i've sometimes seen it:

it's a plant. a weed. we are animals, these humans.

we smoke this plant, if it makes us feel good then...yay! we've found an ALLY.

if it doesn't appeal to a human, oh well.

but....why do these humans think they can regulate the things we've been doing since...well...the beginning of time:eek_big:??

ah, well here's the way i've sometimes seen it:

it's a plant. a weed. we are animals, these humans.

we smoke this plant, if it makes us feel good then...yay! we've found an ALLY.

if it doesn't appeal to a human, oh well.

but....why do these humans think they can regulate the things we've been doing since...well...the beginning of time:eek_big:??

well, in that case cannibus is not the only problem here :). hah but i most definatlety agree!