Science Forums

Whats your opinion about this new hypography?

Tim_Lou

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like it, apart from im no longer a wacky, goofy faced guy anymore! Not happy Tormod!

On a more serious note, can you stop the site wanting cookies to login and post? I find sites very frustrating that require this (i keep my preferences on high).

Sorry about the icons...the developer changed them. I though everyone were supposed to keep the old ones but it seems not!

Oh well, we win some, we lose some.

And no, I can't stop the site wanting cookies. We had a lot of incidents with anonymous posters in the past and the only way to make sure people are who they claim to be is to use cookies...

But I won't sell your cookies to someone, I promise.

Tormod

Yes, nice look there Tormod, you lost a good 20 years! Strange thing was I had the same avitar as before. But you had mentioned that we could uplad our own. So I will explain mine. One of the poeple are am most often told I look like is Jack Nickolson . ("here's Johnny...!") I have actually been stopped while walking in downtown Chicago by some people that wanted to make sure. (though he has some years on me). So I did a search on Google for images with his name and found this one. While I did relate to my old one, kinda looks like the biker in me, I don't have a beard or wear a hat.

Anyway, thanks again for all your work Tormod. I like the easy list of Forums I have posted to in order to keep up. I did not find that before.

Yes, sundog is right.

There used to be a button called "Today" which nobody knew what was for. Now they renamed it "My forums" which is more appropriate - good for keeping up with your own posts.

Also notice that you can click on the "star" icon on topic pages - then the thread can be saved as a favorite in the side menu for easy access (if you have turned the side menu on in the profile).

Freethinker - your new avatar is scary. Looks like it's taken right out of "Shining".

The "user titles" function has changed and the developer has acknowledged that it is a bug. I am now a "Star Member", weeeeee. I'll make some quick fixes but I guess when they correct the bug I'll have to upgrade again... I'll look at this when I feel safe that everything is working smoothly - it's been one hell of a ride with endless hours spent on bugfixing.

Tormod

Originally posted by: Tormod

Yes, sundog is right.

There used to be a button called "Today" which nobody knew what was for. Now they renamed it "My forums" which is more appropriate - good for keeping up with your own posts.

Actually it was me, but who's counting?

Freethinker - your new avatar is scary. Looks like it's taken right out of "Shining".

Actually, this is the one I was going to use. Now THIS fits your description. It also fits my other alter ego on the net "Lunatic Fringe". I just didn't want to give the "other side" any ammo.

- it's been one hell of a ride with endless hours spent on bugfixing.

Tormod

If it was easy, everyone would be doing it.

"If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. "

I ran my own company for a couple of years right after the Internet Boom (but just before the Bust) and it seemed like everyone WAS doing it. I can't count the number of times I talked to a client and he'd say, "nah, my son can do this, no need to pay you for it". :b

Now your new avatar revelas what we all were suspecting - you ARE a lunatic! And now also an official chatterbox. One of two, actually.

Tormod

Originally posted by: Tormod

"If it was easy, everyone would be doing it. "

I ran my own company for a couple of years right after the Internet Boom (but just before the Bust) and it seemed like everyone WAS doing it. I can't count the number of times I talked to a client and he'd say, "nah, my son can do this, no need to pay you for it". :b

erg.... had the EXACT same expereince. They'd rather take a nephew to Chucky Cheese to pay them for designing a web site then have one professionally done. And then we'd hear why the internet doesn't work for B&I.

Now your new avatar revelas what we all were suspecting - you ARE a lunatic!

I have used the nic "Lunatic Fringe" in cyberspace since the mid eighties. A BBS had switched to allowing Handles and the song by Red Rider was on.... But I got tired of it diverting attention from the actual discussion. Believers will use any trick they can to try and justify their personal mental addiction. Giving them a nic to attack was just one more.

And now also an official chatterbox. One of two, actually.

You talk'n to me? You talk'n to me? lol