Science Forums

New look - forum upgrade delayed

Tormod

As you may have noticed, Hypography has a new look. The site was redesigned from the ground up, and I hope you folks like it!

I had big problems making the new version of the forums, work, however, and I simply have to concentrate on other things for a little while (I have spent hundreds of hours on this upgrade...).

So I hope you find it acceptable that the old forums work JUST like before!

Feel free to post your comment about the new look here.

Tormod

Hi Tormod,

Having not been here long, I didn't have a geat deal of time to get used to the 'old' look. But I do like the new look though. You have done a very fine job.

quote - "I have spent hundreds of hours on this upgrade"

I very much appreciate all your hard work and effort with this site and forums. Sentiments I'm sure will be shared by many.

Well, we have the forums in a working order. So please go spend some time with your family.

Thanks again.

sundog

Thank you, sundog, I appreciate the nice comments!

As for the forum upgrade, the forum developer is looking into the matter and hopefully we'll be up and running with the new version very soon, if all goes well.

Tormod

Ya Cold Fusion! lol!

I had tried to post this before, but when I hit post, it disappeared. So if you read this it worked this time!

I do like the new look. It seems bolder. Did the number of forums listed on the home page get reduced? Did you do the graphics? I had wondered if there were other Quizes and never really saw others before. Now it is easy to do. (But some of the answers are wrong).

I also noticed that on the "Sleepy Hollow" link, that the image pia04993.jpg spills past the text area. I used a fixed 800x600 browser window. It does not do this when I go full screen.

But overall it looks good.

And we all appreciate the efforts you do here.

Thanks for making this avail for us.

FreeThinker

Thanks Freethinker -

If you find wrong answers in the quizzes, please make sure you post them in the announcements area...we're not infallible you now...and none of us who make the quizzes are emarrassed by making mistakes - it happens (although I promise we do try to make them correct, of course).

I have also noticed some strange things like pictures flowing out of their areas etc. I think a screen resolution of 800x600 should be enough, but if you can go to, say 1000 pxiels (browser size, not screen resolution) the problems usually go away.

It is all due to the fact that the forums almost exclusively use XHTML/Transitional and CSS, which means I am bound to find bugs and need to find ways to deal with them. All in due time, for now I'm just happy that most of the stuff works they way it is supposed to be, then I'll iron out the bugs as I becomw aware of them.

So - please post bug reports!!!

Tormod