Science Forums

Anyone heard of this?

sundog

Hi,

I remember seeing on T.V. years ago, a program where the tip of a leaf was cut off, and through some process or equipment, the tip of the leaf was still visible as a kind of ghostly energy. My memory is very vague on this. So I can't remember what they called it.

Another image I seem to recall is of a hand wearing a ring. The images (I think) looked similar to a photo negative. Dark background, the energy kind of orange. (or was it green? Darn brain)

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? I'd like to look into it further. But unsure what to search for.

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks.

sundog

Turmod,

Yes, these were the kind of images I remember. I didn't realise they were plugging the objects into a high freq voltage though. Dosen't seem quite as interesting now. I though the process was picking up some 'natural' energy of sorts.

Much thanks anyway.

sundog

We had discussed this on another thread. I can't find it now. But yes, the idea is to take high freq, high voltage (low current) elect and pass it thru the photo plate to the conductive object on the other side. The object has a drain wire to complete current flow.

One of the big claims is the "Phanthom limb". There were early claims that a severed finger would still have an image. But it was never demonstrated in a lab. Similar was the half leaf. The claim was that if you take a pict of a leaf, cut half off, the whole leaf will appear in the new photo. Supposedly proving some "other" metaphysical existence. But it only worked if you put the cut leaf back where the whole leaf was. Not on a new glass plate. Obviously residual moisture.

These thinge NEVER turn out to be real.