Science Forums

Black Hole=anti-matter universe worm hole?

Frogon

Ok, I recently was told of the theory that if you flew to a black hole, you'd be transported to the anti-matter universe. (or atleast something along the lines of that) Can anyone tell me more about this, because it sounds rather intersting.

well, if you really travel to this "anti-matter" world.

you'll decay into photons or many other stuffs....

hmm, if its ture, that means the matter that got sucked in the black hole releases in the other universe though white hole, matter decays so a huge amount of photons are released...

am i right?

um...I don't know, that’s why I asked. But all the matter the black hole sucked in had to go somewhere, unless it just stays at the surface of the star, or whatever it is called. Its a little weird if you ask me, but I didn't come up with the theory.

This is a very, very simplified stuff:

The black hole is like a ball on a trampoline. It makes an indention, and everything you roll towards it will be pulled in. Now, take the black hole, much like those things you roll pennies down, and it goes so far downward, that it actually breaks through the outside of the universe.

Or, something along the lines of that...

You're close Frogon.

Gravity bends space, the end result being like a ball making an indentation on a trampoline.

Black holes take this a step further: they have such a strong gravity that the space beyond the "event horison" bends back around itself. From my understanding the black hole Effectively creates a pocket universe, in which all the matter/energy is contained.