Science Forums

Creating a Religion

NoBigDeal

Well religion is something humans have to be with. You cannot live without any kind of religon. it is ne ceesory form many thing like for formatiom of social setup & having marriges. it is just taht man dont know its origion he tries to figure it out and the answer is the generation of religion. he fits in it to get along with others. but man never satisfy with any thing thus more and more religion generated.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, Freethinker, you are 'da man' indeed, right, Uncle Martin?

You've been warned. Watch your tone, including what the implications of your statements like "anyone that supports...sick" might have on other members of this Forum. There is no need to argue about this, nor is there any reason for any lengthy justification from you.

Originally posted by: TINNY

do we see so much fanaticism in muslims?

Don't you notice that top muslim scholars never preach fanaticism and terrorism? It's all coming from certaiin sects and wrongly guided fanatics, people who are ignorant.

Hm. That would mean that the entire government of Iran consists of ignorant fanatics from some sect.

And frankly *no*, I do *not* see the fanaticism coming from ignorant sect leaders. I see it coming from people in the street *as well as* from moslem leaders.

This is not to say that Christian fanaticism is not quite strong - just look at President Bush and his war on science and topics like same-sex marriage, abortion, evolution etc.

Originally posted by: TINNY

Which is a strange point to make in a science forum, Tinny

Then, I take it back.

No need to, I was making a point. You are free to say what you want.

I don't agree with muslims forcing their children to spend about a decade to just memorize the qur'an either..

Good. You do come forth as reflective, Tinny. Please understand that I respect your faith. I just want to make sure I understand where you are coming from and how deeply your faith influences your argumentation about science. That is NOT meant as an offense.

Originally posted by: Freethinker

What I very specifically structured as SICK was the intentionally slaughter of innocent children by forcing them back into a burning building in order to maintain a religious ideology. It is just plain SICK and that is all there is too it.

I'll jump in here.

You wrote:

Add to this that we have seen the Quran to be in error and in support of murdering people just because they don't agree with it.

Anyone that supports such attrocious ideology is SICK.

I think you need to remember that many people who participate in these forums are NOT moslems. They are Christian. Or they are atheists. Many of them live in a country where the president swears an oath to god, abides by a book which supports killing of infidels (especially the old part of the book). Their country has state-sanctioned executions, sometimes bordering on public executions, even of people who were minors when they committed their crime.

By your logic, anyone supporting the government in such a country would be SICK.

I did not state nor even imply that Tinny, as an individual, was SICK.

But that is how I, Tinny, and obviously a few others read it. Maybe you should tone down your language a bit. After some skillful debate between Tinny and yourself you suddenly start a Tour de Force of vehement attacks IN CAPITAL LETTERS against him and just about everyone else of his faith.

We have discussed this before, my friend. You are respected but as our Resident Atheist you are also expected to be able to keep a cool head when things get hot around you.

Irish is only doing her job as a moderator - if she sees the need to interfere then you have crossed the threshold and need to tone down. You know how it works.