Science Forums

Is ID possble.

lawtonfogle

And how do you add a poll.

___From the Forum Index go to Community Polls & click on New Thread, then scroll down & check the box "Include a poll with this thread". You may have to wait 'till you have 10 posts, but I'm not sure so give it a try. You may also want to search the forum first as a similar poll may already exist. :)

PS I think the poll option appears when you start any new thread, but the poll appears in the poll section.

Could it have happened scientifically. Not that it did, but could have it.

Do you mean is it scientifically possible that ID happened? I think the question is flawed because ID is a concept that cannot be proven, thus it is not scientifically possible.

Is it possible that ID may be correct? Yes. Everything is possible in theory.

Yes, it would be possible, anything is possible I guess, and if there was some intelligent being that created everything, then it would have created the ideas of science as well I guess. By the way, I noticed that you are a new member, where did you hear about this site?

Wanted to see what other forums were out there besides physic forums.

ID will only be seen possible if one can rationally or scientifically fill in the knowledge gaps within the theory. Evolutionary theory fills in its knowledge gaps with randonness and mutations. This quite clever since it evades the criteria of logic and common sense, which is imposed on ID. Mutations are evolutionary versions of the ID step skipping, but by adding the word random or mutation that is suppose to make it scientific sounding; the kettle calling the pot black.

Let us look at mutations. Could anyone guess how many animals have been on the earth, say weighing over 1 once, since the beginning; over a trillion?. OK, so we find maybe a few thousand fossils and base evolutionary theory on that. No wonder you need mutations; the big fat mutation pencil tries to use a couple of giant data points so it looks like it overlaps the other trillion unknown data points to create a smoother line. Sounds like fuzzy math to me.

Evolutionary theory fills in its knowledge gaps with randonness and mutations. This quite clever since it evades the criteria of logic and common sense, which is imposed on ID. Mutations are evolutionary versions of the ID step skipping, but by adding the word random or mutation that is suppose to make it scientific sounding; the kettle calling the pot black.

You do realize that statistics is a well defined branch of mathematics, and randomness is indeed quantifiable. You act as if the idea of random has no rigour, which simply isn't true.

-Will

Anything is possible; it's the probability that matters.

Take a few anthropology courses. Ask questions; study, research. Look at all the evidence we have here... it is quite a lot. Be open to possibilities. After you have honestly looked at everything, then draw your own conclusions, but if you have not, do not try to pull your blinders down on the rest of us. After the things I've learned, I'm convinced of what it is that I believe, just as some others here think they are. If you do not like being told that God is Crap, then do not tell me Science is Crap.