Science Forums

Online gaming

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://xccu.sourceforge.net

There's no info here about building one of these but it's a site that runs privately owned servers (online-gaming servers). Try and ask the person 'olaf' if they will point you in a good direction (olaf is the person that made them).

If no luck finding anything there try http://www.strike-team.net and try and do the same thing on their forums

Dont know anything else.

• 2 months later...

Old thread but anyway: I just bought an Xbox with Live! support. It is incredible fun to sit in the living room an dplay with people around the world. Works like a charm...

If anyone wants to play I have "JoshuaCalvert" as my Xbox gamertag. Free smiley to anyone who can tell me where that name comes from.

Tormod

I guess I really do should read the Hamilton books.... and Yes, I do occationally read what Tormod posts (at least that's what I tell him). Xbox was fun, but the argument about really buying it for our 3,5 year old daughter.....

Tormod, you need to change Yvonne's status tag. She's been a member a day less than you, yet still is a 'new member'. After putting up with this site for this long, she shuld at least be a WISE SAGE or something. I mean, hey, she puts up with you on a daily basis, that's got to lend itself to enormous amounts of wisdom!!!

Oh, so SHE gets the credit now. I'm the one who has to sit patiently with Jenny while her avatar runs around in circles on the screen because she can't work the controller....oh the things I do for my kids...

Tormod

Thank you. I am teaching my daugher to say - "It'w my game too. I want to play too. With you dad!", and since he bought it for her .. what can he say....

... and I can just relax reading the Hamilton books.

I guess we could sell the xbox if you aren't pleased with it ....

Hm.........this is not going the way I expected it. Moderators, maybe you can see that I'm being violated here? Doesn't the FAQ *explicilty* state that noone should make others look foolish? Because I READ THE FAQ!!! The moderators in this forum are crap, I'd say.

Tormod

OHHHHHHH, I LOVE YOUR WIFE!!!!!

I can tell that she means business, too! I think you better stop fluffing up your numbers stats and get home so Jenny can whoop your butt on her x-box.

and hey...

The moderators in this forum are crap, I'd say.

I resemble that staement, and you are coming dangerously close to the edge of my sanity, so you'd best just hush now. I might have to call my 'old' friend, Uncle Martin and tell him to use his awesome powers to BAN YOUR A$$ !

Oh, the gasps I just got from the birthday girl and the Spanish-dude!