Science Forums

Testing neg rep

Loopy

I can now give rep to my beloved Loopy again. This will be yet another test to determine exactly what determines your rep altering power. I'm not sure if I'm at privelege to disclose this information (As if you can't already basically figure it out from the prior posts :). But just to be safe I won't directly disclose this information :rolleyes:.) So I will just go back and review all the information I have received compile it into one summary... blah blah blah... Just wait for my next post :hihi:.

First, I gave Loopy rep. Loopy had 126 points (Poor little fella got hit hard) I gave him positive (;)) rep and it went straight to 176, exactly 50 points. That was all the information I needed to find conclusive reults :hihi:.

Here they are :).

nkt- 141 rep, 291 posts. 8 points of positive "power". 4 points of negative "power".

Jay-qu- 166 rep, 192 posts. 7 points of positive "power". 3 points of negative "power". (Found out where I messed up :D)

Chacmool- 195 rep, 150 posts. 6 points of positive "power". 3 points of negative "power".

Turtle- 653 rep, 1904 posts. 52 points of positive "power". 26 points of negative "power".

Buffy- [REMOVED] rep, 1801-1850 posts. 52 points of positive "power". 26 points of negative "power".

Dark Mind- 585 rep, 1922 posts. 50 points of positive "power". 25 points of negative "power".

Based on Jay-qu's rep I was able to also find out that my guess about the system not rounding up/not using decimals was true :). 7/2=3.5... Only 3 points were taken that time. To see if these half points are cumulative I would need someone else with an altering power at some odd number (3, 5, 7, 9, 11, etc, etc). If someone's willing, please post here before actually doing it. That way if two people decide to do it at once it won't *complicate* things :). After that I'll test the Admins repping priveleges... I already know they can rep multiple time on a single post and without spreading rep around before doing it. I just want to see if when two Admins neg rep a member both negative comments are shown (When infamous neg repped Loopy on the first post after Buffy did, nothing happened... rep points remained the same and I never saw a comment from infamous on that post, like Turtle's "sit Loopy, sit" :rolleyes: ).

...Almost done with this "little" experiment :).

Well, actually everyone should feel empowered now :rolleyes:. I think I managed to up everyone's "power" by one point. Thanks guys!

See? It helps to be nice :hihi:.

Note:

I may have missed one or two of you since I got another one of those pesky "You have given too much rep in the last 24 hours... Blah, blah, blah..." notes and I had to come back later to finish repping (the last 3?) everyone. If I missed you, let me know :).

I... Have a dream...

I have a dream that one day this Forum will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "Hypography. Science for everyone. We welcome everyone!" !

I have a dream that one day in the hallowed halls of Hypography the members of our forum and the soon-to-be-members will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood and converse freely.

I have a dream that one day I will have given every member of our respected Forum the highest badge of honor attainable... Eleven green boxes.

I have a dream that when that day finally comes the Forum, as a whole, will rise up and shout out to the world "We are members of Hypography... Join us!"

:)

Are you sure :).

Your rep altering power was 18 as of 2 mnutes ago, and I would assume you took 9 points from Loopy, however I'll have to check Loopy's account again to be sure... CraigD also neg repped Loopy without posting he had... I'll check his post count and rep at that time to see if the figures add up :hihi:. I went from 176 to 162 which is a difference of 14 and not far fetched for the two of you to have neg repped me :rolleyes:...

Again, I'll check it out...

• 2 weeks later...
Well, actually everyone should feel empowered now :hyper:. I think I managed to up everyone's "power" by one point. Thanks guys!

See? It helps to be nice ;).

Note:

I may have missed one or two of you since I got another one of those pesky "You have given too much rep in the last 24 hours... Blah, blah, blah..." notes and I had to come back later to finish repping (the last 3?) everyone. If I missed you, let me know ;).

I... Have a dream...

I have a dream that one day this Forum will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed: "Hypography. Science for everyone. We welcome everyone!" !

I have a dream that one day in the hallowed halls of Hypography the members of our forum and the soon-to-be-members will be able to sit down together at the table of brotherhood and converse freely.

I have a dream that one day I will have given every member of our respected Forum the highest badge of honor attainable... Eleven green boxes.

I have a dream that when that day finally comes the Forum, as a whole, will rise up and shout out to the world "We are members of Hypography... Join us!"

:(

And Tormod becomes the first person to receive 11 green boxes :Waldo:.

Let's keep a list :(.

1.Tormod

2.IrishEyes (Projected)