Science Forums

Should eating human flesh be legalized?

Ps2Huang

I think eating human body should be legalized. Because we are lacking many foods; the world is getting more population, and we don't have enough food source to fulfill our hungerness. Thus, we do need our same being--human.

I don't mean we can just find any being to kill. We can find human materials through many associations: 1)we can have those criminal who are sentenced death penalty to be our cooking materials after they are killed, and 2)we can get those human materials by aborted infants. Some pregnant females don't want their babies anymore; therefore, we can have them to sign agreements that they are willing to let their babies to be sold into market for food matters. If their babies have developed into humen forms which are able to sense and move, then I won't like it. But, as long as their babies are still in proto-type, we are able to cook and eat.

And before human materials sent to each cooking departments for foods, their bodies must be checked in order to make sure there is no disease in their body proportions. Trust me, I don't think eating human is sick, just another way to solve hunger disaster.

Now that's a particularly sick and disturbing notion!

Having a Foetus ala creme on the menu at my favourite restaurant?

A Leg of Lawrence? Well-done with mint sauce?!

A Sauteed Carcass of Convict?

I see your point - there's calories and protein etc. going to waste every time we have a funeral, but jeez, man...

Not engaging in cannibalism has the same cultural roots as not engaging in incest. It's for protecting the species. You'll have a hard time (and I'm not referring to rigor mortis) convincing anybody of this, except maybe for the Jeffrey Dahmers of this world.

Besides - engaging in all the legalities you propose to get a 200 gram foetus on your plate is just plain stupid, and will tie your whole proposal down in so much red tape that your average consumer will just settle for a beef T-bone, medium to rare. There's enough beef to go around, by the way.

I'm sure UncleAl won't mind if we roast a couple of EnviroWhiners.

Now the question will be: What do you have with EnviroWhiner? Red or white whine?

Now that's a particularly sick and disturbing notion!

Having a Foetus ala creme on the menu at my favourite restaurant?

A Leg of Lawrence? Well-done with mint sauce?!

A Sauteed Carcass of Convict?

I see your point - there's calories and protein etc. going to waste every time we have a funeral, but jeez, man...

Not engaging in cannibalism has the same cultural roots as not engaging in incest. It's for protecting the species. You'll have a hard time (and I'm not referring to rigor mortis) convincing anybody of this, except maybe for the Jeffrey Dahmers of this world.

Besides - engaging in all the legalities you propose to get a 200 gram foetus on your plate is just plain stupid, and will tie your whole proposal down in so much red tape that your average consumer will just settle for a beef T-bone, medium to rare. There's enough beef to go around, by the way.

I'm sure UncleAl won't mind if we roast a couple of EnviroWhiners.

Now the question will be: What do you have with EnviroWhiner? Red or white whine?

Sir, I have no idea of what you are talking about. May you use simpler words to present your speech? Also that, speaking of babies, I don't mean use an infant who has developed into a form to cook to eat. Do you know placecta? Using that as materials to make food.

… And before human materials sent to each cooking departments for foods, their bodies must be checked in order to make sure there is no disease in their body proportions. Trust me, I don't think eating human is sick, just another way to solve hunger disaster.
:shrug: I confess to having to struggle with my reaction to your assault on the cannibalism taboo before I could form a rational response. Nonetheless, here one is:

1) It’s generally a bad idea for any animal to eat members of its own or closely related species. Poorly understood pathogens appear to pose a risk of a variety of disorders, many of them forms of spongiform encephalitis (know as scrapie in sheep, mad cow disease in cows, and kuru in humans)

2) Animals (H.Sapiens included) are relatively inefficient sources of food. The food energy contained in plant tissue necessary to feed an animal exceeds by several factors of ten the amount of food energy gained by eating the animal.

3) Food shortages are not due to a lack of agricultural output, but economic and political factors that cause available agricultural output to be purposefully reduced, or produced food to be discarded.

Improvements in sustainable agriculture, and overcoming economic and political barriers, are far more effective solutions to local and regional food shortages than is eating human flesh.

Sir, I have no idea of what you are talking about. May you use simpler words to present your speech? Also that, speaking of babies, I don't mean use an infant who has developed into a form to cook to eat. Do you know placecta? Using that as materials to make food.

Sheeeeeees!

If you didn't understand that, I don't think you should be eating humans, my friend.

Your question: Should eating human flesh be legalized?

Simple, understandable answer: No.

Sheeeeeees!

If you didn't understand that, I don't think you should be eating humans, my friend.

Your question: Should eating human flesh be legalized?

Simple, understandable answer: No.

If it is no, you need to give your reasonable complaint so that eating humen is not suitable.

But as a matter of fact, anything that has DNA, proteins and lipids could be eaten: cockroach, insects and so on.

... But as a matter of fact, anything that has DNA, proteins and lipids could be eaten: cockroach, insects and so on.
Insects are not only edible, they’re usually crunchy and yummy, especially if fried in a little oil. Where I live, we are regularly aswarm with Cicadas, which are quite tasty, though I’d not recommend eating them uncooked :shrug:

Plants are very good to eat, too, and a vital source of nutrition not usually found in meat. Contrary to some popular opinion, nearly all human beings can enjoy excellent physical health on a diet consisting of no meat whatever.

If it is no, you need to give your reasonable complaint so that eating humen is not suitable.

But as a matter of fact, anything that has DNA, proteins and lipids could be eaten: cockroach, insects and so on.

I did. You didn't understand it.

Yes, you could eat flesh. But flesh is so high up in the food-chain that the energy loss is too high if the reason for eating animals is to starve off famine.

You need to exploit resources lower down the pyramid, like the grasses (wheat, maize, etc.). Or even fungi. Or krill. Or plankton in general.

Ten tons worth of whalemeat requires a thousand tons of krill*.

A 10kg side of beef required 100kg of maize at the feedlots*.

So - if famine is the issue, meat kinda sucks and uses too much resources to make it viable.

* Numbers are an estimate, for illustrative purposes only. I have no idea how much krill goes into a whale. But it's a lot. The writer takes no responsibility for any harm or damage suffered by individuals who take it upon themselves to stuff a whale. Or a cow, for that matter. Whales are dangerous and should be stuffed full of krill by professionals only.

Dear Mr Huang,

___Please to be offering explanations of why such amount of interest in food you have? What diet is your regular? How much of a calorie amount is used to catch a bug which then you eat to get some energy (or if you get some body to feed you)? It is mine to be saying that if your ideas of things people might eat was the best too for all, we can know it already after the years of thousands is past.

___I one time to watch a movie in where a guy went to get people fat of a lipo-suction establishment to then make up some soap with the lipids. We say that movie is a thriller movie because the ideas have sickness that is funny; like jokes you say too.

___Thank you. :shrug:

* Numbers are an estimate, for illustrative purposes only. I have no idea how much krill goes into a whale. But it's a lot. The writer takes no responsibility for any harm or damage suffered by individuals who take it upon themselves to stuff a whale. Or a cow, for that matter. Whales are dangerous and should be stuffed full of krill by professionals only.

It is generally calculated that oonly about 10% of an organism's energy is transefered to the next trophic level. Small baline whates are in the range of 1000 kg (as opposed to toothed whatles that don;t eat krill) krill weigh about 1g..

Should eating human flesh be legalized?

By Ps2Huang

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think eating human body should be legalized. Because we are lacking many foods; the world is getting more population, and we don't have enough food source to fulfill our hungerness. Thus, we do need our same being--human.

I don't mean we can just find any being to kill. We can find human materials through many associations: 1)we can have those criminal who are sentenced death penalty to be our cooking materials after they are killed, and 2)we can get those human materials by aborted infants. Some pregnant females don't want their babies anymore; therefore, we can have them to sign agreements that they are willing to let their babies to be sold into market for food matters. If their babies have developed into humen forms which are able to sense and move, then I won't like it. But, as long as their babies are still in proto-type, we are able to cook and eat.

And before human materials sent to each cooking departments for foods, their bodies must be checked in order to make sure there is no disease in their body proportions. Trust me, I don't think eating human is sick, just another way to solve hunger disaster.

Johnathan Swift, "A Modest Proposal."

http://art-bin.com/art/omodest.html

I hope you suggest your proposal in that vein?

I take it also you are aware of this particular problem?

http://www.cjd.ed.ac.uk/intro.htm

CJD is transmitted via cannibalism among other vectors in humans.

It is one of many diseases suffered by anthropaphagi(people eaters).

One question.

If you, in all seriousness, propose to eat people, then are you prepared to be one of the eaten?

I think eating human body should be legalized.
Yea right........just trot down to the local morgue and order up a side of Uncle Charlie. A member of this forum recently posted a thread about eating bugs, which BTW, sounds like a better solution to me, and that only as a last resort to avoid starvation. I'll stick with a prime rib of bovine if you don't mind.

___"A Modest Proposal" is hilarious! Nice one Damocles! A bit from that bite:

"Thirdly, Whereas the maintenance of an hundred thousand children, from two years old and upward, cannot be computed at less than ten shillings a-piece per annum, the nation's stock will be thereby increased fifty thousand pounds per annum, beside the profit of a new dish introduced to the tables of all gentlemen of fortune in the kingdom who have any refinement in taste. And the money will circulate among ourselves, the goods being entirely of our own growth and manufacture."

:shrug: :evil: ;)

So you guys don't support eating-human flesh be legalized?

You guys are making the world's biggest joke.

___Look fella, it is you that is the joke we are making. You offer no Hyperlinks, no biographys, no science. The time is now past that your posting is even remotely funny; get with it or see yourself to the gate. :hihi: